Statue Thror. The King under the mountain. 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am as well. I'll be getting him because in person and I hope in my pics you can see just how good a piece this really is.

I am as well. I'll be getting him because in person and I hope in my pics you can see just how good a piece this really is.

Yes,this is where it al begins.
Power and gold and diamonds.
Till Smaug conquering Erebor.
How large is the base,wide? You guess?
Or will the statue be in pieces like the other hobbits?
Than it will fitt right there where I imagine it.

Thanks for sharing the photo's Josh.
I was very dissapointed in GG cause they realy haven't revealed anything new for the Hobbit line.
Al focus seemed to be on the G.I. Joe and Walkin dead.
So this years Big surprise is certainly the Weta Smaug and Tror statue.

Thanks, that sounds/looks about right.
For me Weta is one of the best example for this scale, really great stuff.
They really showed up this year for ME, was there even anything else there? :lol

Weta IMO is the king right now of 1:6 statues. They get so much great looking detail, likeness, and paint in their pieces. I admit I was at their booth a lot.

Yes,this is where it al begins.
Power and gold and diamonds.
Till Smaug conquering Erebor.
How large is the base,wide? You guess?
Or will the statue be in pieces like the other hobbits?
Than it will fitt right there where I imagine it.

Thanks for sharing the photo's Josh.
I was very dissapointed in GG cause they realy haven't revealed anything new for the Hobbit line.
Al focus seemed to be on the G.I. Joe and Walkin dead.
So this years Big surprise is certainly the Weta Smaug and Tror statue.

The base didn't seem all that big to be honest. It's just a fairly tall piece. Thror and the Balrog surprised me as I didn't expect to see them there.

Great pics Josh. I am really glad WETA took the opportunity to enhance a minimal screen time character (though big in the stories) and give us the Arkenstone as well as the source of all Thorins woes and faults.
Definite addition for me.

Thanks :) It's not a piece I was expecting but it looks really good and Thror is an important character to the Dwarven story so it's a must.

Thanks :) It's not a piece I was expecting but it looks really good and Thror is an important character to the Dwarven story so it's a must.

That kinda how I feel about this piece. And I really gotta give it to Weta for making the light up effect so simple.
When I see an Iron Man 1:1 busts for sale with a non-working light....:dunno. :slap

I thought that was a nice move. I don't know if I will do it or not but it's nice to have that option.

Since there was a mass bumping of various threads and some of the SDCC stuff got bumped off the first page.

Back