Sideshow 1/6 Beetlejuice

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 ssc beetlejuice figure?

Damn. Looks like SSC is just making whatever Betomatali does :lol

Correct me if I'm wrong.....but didn't sideshow do these characters long before Beto came along?
Maybe not beetlejuice,but definitely Ash,Jason,and Freddy.

Oh this would be a possible purchase for me depending on how he looks.

Keaton was ace as Bettlejuice.

1/6 horror too? oh no...

I will be curious to see how this could pan out! I was tempted to commission a Beetlejuice figure but it would be nice if Sideshow came out with one!

Wow.

iz0fW.gif

Is it possible they are planning to show something but are just waiting till tomorrow? Wishful thinking here. I NEED to see these.

Possible, but not real likely. Sideshow tends to put everything out at once, but odd to see a case with only one figure and 2 place cards. Maybe they'd intended to have all 3 on display, but got held up at some point on the other two.

How much do SS figures generally retail for?

$150-$175 seems to be the general range... but more complex and armored can get up to $200. I'd guess Beetle would be in the $160 range.

Brilliant move by Sideshow getting back into 1/6 horror. That's a market that the Asian companies are completely ignoring, Sideshow could really clean up.

Correct me if I'm wrong.....but didn't sideshow do these characters long before Beto came along?
Maybe not beetlejuice,but definitely Ash,Jason,and Freddy.
They did Army of Darkness figures, and other horror stuff, but they stopped that nearly a decade ago. Now, the two announced figures were two of Beto's most popular figures. I'm not sure I could buy that as a coincidence, but I want cheaper, quality versions of both, so I'm glad it's happening no matter what the motivation.

Last edited:

Beetlejuice, Evil Dead 2 and Snake are all semi related as older Cult classics line. Not necessarily horror.

The news of this figure is bittersweet. I wish it was HT making it, but after years of posting Beetlejuice photos on ht facebook page, I guess this is better than nothing.

Seeing how a lot of these figures are coming out that were recently "customs" made for crazy prices.....it makes me wonder if these companies are getting on here and seeing what customizers are making and saying to themselves...."Hey, we an do that...and cheaper. This will show those customizers and put them out." Just food for thought!

The news of this figure is bittersweet. I wish it was HT making it, but after years of posting Beetlejuice photos on ht facebook page, I guess this is better than nothing.

I'll be honest... this is a figure that Sideshow can do really well. My only question will be if they do real hair or not. I have a feelig it will be sculpted and if that's the case I hope either the hair is a separate piece of I can get a 2nd head to mod with mohair. It works really well for this figure.

And I'm confident that Sideshow will just do the striped tux so my budget Tuxedo figure is safe :lol

beetleh_zpsd9c11134.jpg

Seeing how a lot of these figures are coming out that were recently "customs" made for crazy prices.....it makes me wonder if these companies are getting on here and seeing what customizers are making and saying to themselves...."Hey, we an do that...and cheaper. This will show those customizers and put them out." Just food for thought!
No doubt they are. SSC announces Friday the 13th, Evil Dead II and (most implausibly for a big company, IMO) Beetlejuice. I agree w/Kara, probably not a coincidence that those are Beto's three biggest sellers. That said, I think there's room for both. The 10 or 15 people on Beto's lists won't be satisfied with SSC and the SSC buyers don't want to pay Beto's prices. My hope is that the 'Empire' leaves a little smuggler alone to do his business.

Last edited:

I wonder, sculpted or "real" hair for Beetlejuice. Classic black and white or the tux?

Gimmicks like this?

beetlejuice+gif.gif

Lots of possibilities. It could be a really fun 1/6 figure.

Normal stripes and head for me. Give me the way he looks on the poster first, though if they want to thrown in his tux as an alternate costume that would be great too.

Back