SSC - Marvel - 1:6 scale Wolverine figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure how I feel about rubber arms, at least I'm assuming he has rubber arms as there were no visible elbow joints there at that con. But he and Deadpool looked great regardless of their WIP stage.

I've got toys dating back to 1971 made of rubber and all manner of plastics that have held up amazingly well without any special care. I know we've seen a lot of misfires from all companies on materials in the past decade, but as long as these guys hold up, I'm game for what was shown. Did you happen to hear (at the show) how bendable the arms are at the elbow, if at all?

The Joe line only died because of SSC complete incompetence, which will inevitably be the same fate for this line
Nah Marvel will do great like Star Wars, only cause SSC will want to kiss Disney Ass.
DC will be killed off after the main characters are done and only statues will be produced, in this way SSC will appease Disney again.
Dont expect FF4 characters after doom, with the way Marvel is acting towards fox. And i will put money on it that Doom will become Magneto or Doctor Strange before we get the first real photo.

Read in a report on figures.com he will have different arm sculpts included to plug in, rather than any elbow articulation. I guess we take it with a grain of salt since nothing either way has been reported elsewhere.

no articulation would be an absolute deal breaker .
I guess we will have to wait and see

Talked to Sideshow at SDCC '14 and here's what I learned about the Marvel figures:

-The Wolverine arms will be articulated. They're experimenting right now with them and working with their team and factories to test different sculpts and materials.
-Quite possible we'll also have an unmasked head and that Wolverine's mouth will be interchangeable with different expressions a la Batman.
-There's a lot of Marvel 1/6 out there, so they want to be a little more creative with their designs. DC has more of a classic look because there's not much 1/6 Classic DC looking figures out there.
-Any cigar smoking head sculpt or cigar accessory are a 'no-no'. Disney-owned Marvel doesn't want it. Even for an "adult" collectible? Strange but true.
-Punisher is next obviously. Disney/Marvel a little sensitive about firearms but they're letting it go. They want the guns NOT to be actual depictions of real 'on-the-shelf' guns, but hybrids of different models. So if you want your Punisher with a souped up M-4 Carbine, ACOG scope, Forward Grip, etc. , better find it from someone else. Still, goal is to make it look legit, nothing too fantastical.
-Wouldn't tell me anything about Spider-man, likely will be a body designed specifically for the character.
-Dr. Doom is obvious, Sideshow has been giving Doom love for years.

-Any cigar smoking head sculpt or cigar accessory are a 'no-no'. Disney-owned Marvel doesn't want it. Even for an "adult" collectible? Strange but true.
-Punisher is next obviously. Disney/Marvel a little sensitive about firearms but they're letting it go. They want the guns NOT to be actual depictions of real 'on-the-shelf' guns, but hybrids of different models. So if you want your Punisher with a souped up M-4 Carbine, ACOG scope, Forward Grip, etc. , better find it from someone else. Still, goal is to make it look legit, nothing too fantastical.

So guns and blades are cool, cigars are a no no. Yup, makes total sense.

Talked to Sideshow at SDCC '14 and here's what I learned about the Marvel figures:

-The Wolverine arms will be articulated. They're experimenting right now with them and working with their team and factories to test different sculpts and materials.
Great to hear. I don't have anything against statues I just don't collect them.
-Quite possible we'll also have an unmasked head and that Wolverine's mouth will be interchangeable with different expressions a la Batman.
Unmasked head would be awesome. Kind of figured with the multiple expressions shown in the video that they were looking to go the Batman route. Sounds like a cool idea.
The PC police strike again. Don't understand the rationale but it's not a deal breaker.
No big deal, I have plenty of 1/6th guns.
Still looking forward to pricing. My acceptable price limit is creeping up.

Nice! Thank you for the news - I had to google the figures.com article to find out it had been taken down (premature "reporting" on their part?). Great to hear ANY news though! Sadly, if they're still mucking around with design elements and materials... (face in hands) I don't know how long it's going to be before we have this figure in hand... A long time.

More concerned about the brown leather parts of the costume
Tired of peeling off 1/6 leather outfit :gah:
To me that material doesn't look like it will peel. I keep going back and reading the first couple pages of this thread. I am amazed by some of the comments especially about the sculpt. I don't now how long some of you have been Wolverine fans but that sculpt is comic book Wolverine. All the way down to the "vampirish" teeth.

I have a feeling, that just like the DC figures before, this will not be available for order for another year or so.

I have a feeling, that just like the DC figures before, this will not be available for order for another year or so.

Ain't nothing wrong with that. Sideshow has announced a bucket-load of other stuff to keep this guy busy for a while. Not to mention other lines from other producers like 3Zero.

-There's a lot of Marvel 1/6 out there, so they want to be a little more creative with their designs. DC has more of a classic look because there's not much 1/6 Classic DC looking figures out there.
-Wouldn't tell me anything about Spider-man, likely will be a body designed specifically for the character.
-Dr. Doom is obvious, Sideshow has been giving Doom love for years.

Many thx, very informative :)

I don't think sideshow should put this available to order in hurry
I mean this is comic based costume of marvel character, maybe they take some liberties, but still, this is how their costume should be
Anytime they put this on order, it will sell
It's better they put extra R&D to make sure this is the real 1/6 scale Marvel figure :yess:

They can pack him with a copy of the Frozen BluRay. Now THAT's punishment.

loki_oooh.gif

This is killer. I wonder if the body will be shorter than the others in the line? I'd like more hair on the arms but dig this. Maybe bone claws as the exclusive? I also hope they do a Barry Windsor Smith style Weapon X.

Back