1/6 Sideshow Marvel Comic Book Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The costumes leave a lot to be desired. Wolverine's looks cheap and Deadpool's is too loose-fitting. They'll need a tighter, more flexible material.

As far as the announcement itself goes... thank GOD someone's doing this. Marvel comic figures in 1/6. About bloody time. Now where's my Taskmaster? I'd also like to see Mr. Sinister, Thanos, and Apocalypse at some point. Gambit would be sweet, too. And Gray Hulk.

Aw, hell. I'm in.

:goodpost:

This, on everything.
Right now Wolvie looks like an okay custom from someone who is bad at tailoring. I have faith that these are hopefully just early prototypes (although Deadpool is just about there)

I just don't get why they can't use the same shiny spandex-y material they used on Supes. Even Green Lantern looks pretty decent.

I think another issue is the musculature. We're used to seeing the comic book versions all buffed out (they got the right idea with Wolverine's arms), but the torsos and legs seem so average. Using a normal muscle body for these isn't going to cut it. They need to have comic book proportions so that the suits are filled out. And again, that stretchier spandex stuff would help too.

Check this out:

SDCC-2014-Sideshow-DC-Comics-Sixth-Scale-Figures-002.jpg

Granted, these two are buffer than Deadpool or Green Lantern so Sideshow would want a slightly slimmer body, but the muscles still need to be exaggerated. Angular. Enough to really pop out under the suits.

Last edited:
I like Wolvies arm guards and the steel tipped boots. I'd tighten the suit a bit and make the yellow a bit more intense as well as rework that nubby brown leather. I am excited to see what can come of this line though.

They need to keep this trend of the utilitarian looks, In fact, they need to give Batman a look like that too, Spandex makes no sense for Batman, it does for Superman.

Marvel ones definitely look better than the DC ones.

I think it depends on which design they're going for. A more classic Batman will inevitably have the spandex-y vibe, as will Superman. Deadpool is a little newer and, being more of a mercenary type of character, the utilitarian design makes more sense. Punisher will be VERY fun to see.

Oh, almost forgot about Cable. I'd like a Cable too, please. Him, Deadpool, Taskmaster, and Apocalypse would make for my dream Marvel display.

I think it depends on which design they're going for. A more classic Batman will inevitably have the spandex-y vibe, as will Superman. Deadpool is a little newer and, being more of a mercenary type of character, the utilitarian design makes more sense. Punisher will be VERY fun to see.

Oh, almost forgot about Cable. I'd like a Cable too, please. Him, Deadpool, Taskmaster, and Apocalypse would make for my dream Marvel display.

Taskmaster is a must.

I can't wait for the Punisher! Can never have enough Punisher figures! Wolvie is looking good too and I have to have that Deadpool :)

Hope they put some neodymium into the hands and feet of Spidey. Shelf space is at an ultra-premium, I'd prefer to hang this guy in a natural pose somewhere near the ceiling. ;) No idea how I'll fit Wolverine into my collection, but I expect I'll have a long time before release to try and figure it out.

Hope they put some neodymium into the hands and feet of Spidey. Shelf space is at an ultra-premium, I'd prefer to hang this guy in a natural pose somewhere near the ceiling. ;) No idea how I'll fit Wolverine into my collection, but I expect I'll have a long time before release to try and figure it out.
Dude that would be an amazing choice if they went that route. Holy crap that's a great idea! You're from Canada right? Maybe that's why lol

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

I should sell them my design for a web… ;)
Lol I'd love to see it. Man I hope they do that with Spidey for real though. So he can stick to some sort of surface so that we can play around with different display options. ****ing brilliant

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

I'd be all over these if I had any faith in SSC to do more than 20 figures, which i simply don't

Think of all the awesomeness that could be
Gambit
Colossus
Sabre tooth
Daredevil
Dr octopus
Silver surfer

I feel like not too many people are into the Olivetti Apocalypse, but seeing as the PF version was a more classic design, I'd love for them to try it on the figure. The shoulder pads and extra tubes are killer.

Back