1/6 Sideshow Marvel Comic Book Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol yeah. We're getting ahead of ourselves but how could we NOT lol

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Sideshow 1/6 Marvel figures is BEST SDCC NEWS for me!

I want:

Byrne X-Men in addition to Wolverine

Cyclops
Phoenix
Storm
Colossus
Nightcrawler

and

Angel red and white cotume
Beast- blue furry
Rogue- Jim Lee costume
Gambit- Jim Lee
Psylocke- Jim Lee
Emma Frost- Classic
Magneto- Classic
Prof X w/ wheel chair

I wish there was some way they could do Venom or Carnage without them just being 12" full-on molded plastic. I doubt SSC is going to do anything they can't hide the joints on, and a Mego-esque silk screened body suits are just not going to fly - I don't think there's any way they can make those look good. The rumored interchangeable arms (presumably for Wolverine) seems to hint at the designers going to even greater lengths to eliminate visible joints. Characters like Venom or Carnage or Apocalypse, Absorbing Man, Beast, or Psylocke, I think are going to be out based on the character design. The #1 figure I'd like to own (besides Wolverine in his brown and gold costume, seriously, grail for me) is Archangel, but I just don't think they'll attempt something they can't do well. I already have my doubts about how Spider-Man will look. I don't know. Just my conjecture.

Hot Toys did a fine job with multiple Spiderman figures, albeit ones based on crappy movies. I have no doubts a comic-based interpretation can be hit out of the park, but we'll have to wait and see how Sideshow tackles it. I quite like the Spider-Man 3 figure from Hot Toys apart from the coloring of the costume. The size/proportions are all fine for me. I really can't stand the new figure however, it's too much of a pipe cleaner, a sort of parody.

I wish there was some way they could do Venom or Carnage without them just being 12" full-on molded plastic. I doubt SSC is going to do anything they can't hide the joints on, and a Mego-esque silk screened body suits are just not going to fly - I don't think there's any way they can make those look good. The rumored interchangeable arms (presumably for Wolverine) seems to hint at the designers going to even greater lengths to eliminate visible joints. Characters like Venom or Carnage or Apocalypse, Absorbing Man, Beast, or Psylocke, I think are going to be out based on the character design. The #1 figure I'd like to own (besides Wolverine in his brown and gold costume, seriously, grail for me) is Archangel, but I just don't think they'll attempt something they can't do well. I already have my doubts about how Spider-Man will look. I don't know. Just my conjecture.

I'd take a 1:6 version of the Marvel Select Venom. Man was that thing awesome.

It looks as if we are getting 1:6 versions of the Premium Formats. If that's the case, Bring them all on. I also need a Ant Man and Wasp!

I want FEMALES, too! Sideshow 1/6 DC figures started with 2 females!

Jean Grey/Phoenix
Storm
Rogue
Psylocke
Spider-Woman
She Hulk
Captain Marvel
Scarlet Witch
Invisible Woman
Black Cat
Elektra

to name a few!

Will 1/6 Marvel figures take as long to release as 1/6 DC figures have? 1/6 DC were 1st shown at 2012 SDCC, and out of 5 shown 2 have yet to be released!

And will 1/6 Marvel cost as much as DC? In a 2012 cooltoyreview/SSC interview SSC originally said 1/6 DC figures would cost the same as 1/6 Star Wars and GI Joe figures but DC eventually cost MORE like Hot Toys prices! So I am wondering about Marvel.

Will 1/6 Marvel figures take as long to release as 1/6 DC figures have? 1/6 DC were 1st shown at 2012 SDCC, and out of 5 shown 2 have yet to be released!

And will 1/6 Marvel cost as much as DC? In a 2012 cooltoyreview/SSC interview SSC originally said 1/6 DC figures would cost the same as 1/6 Star Wars and GI Joe figures but DC eventually cost MORE like Hot Toys prices! So I am wondering about Marvel.

Yes on both questions. These are early WIP figures just like the original DC figures were 2 years ago, so we still might not even be able to order these for another year!

And I imagine they will cost exactly like the DC figures, and definitely more on figures like Dr Doom and Iron Man. I've even heard rumors of them thinking of using those big video game mechsuits as basework for things like Hulkbuster Iron Man, and those are already $500 each.

I'd also expect $200 if they're including multiple head sculpts, less if not. This matches the way they're pricing some of their Star Wars figures too.

Is there still a new Fantastic 4 movie for 2015 even though its supposed to be worse than the last 2 F4 movies?

Even so, SSC should get out at least 1 F4 1/6 figure as a tie-in! I vote Thing, but he'd be HUGE and EXPENSIVE!

Scarlet Witch could be 1st female 1/6 figure since she's in 2015 Avengers 2 Age of Ultron movie! Always have loved Wanda! Classic costume!

Is there still a new Fantastic 4 movie for 2015 even though its supposed to be worse than the last 2 F4 movies?

If they don't keep making them, they'll lose the rights. I'm sure Marvel hopes they'll cut their loses one day.

It'd be nice if Marvel had back control of all their characters' movie rights.

Even so, SSC should get out at least 1 F4 1/6 figure as a tie-in! I vote Thing, but he'd be HUGE and EXPENSIVE!

Scarlet Witch could be 1st female 1/6 figure since she's in 2015 Avengers 2 Age of Ultron movie! Always have loved Wanda! Classic costume!

Battle of Thing and Hulk :)

Back