1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Aliens (with Power Loader!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for posting the video. Probably the most detailed look we've had so far. I'm starting to think this thing may reach $500. The intricacy, details, paint work, possible light up functions and the Ripley figure make me believe that's what we are looking at. With something like the Bat armory north of $500 with just one figure included there's no doubt this will not come cheap...

Power loader looks great in that video. With all of those tubes and paint chips...yeah this ain't gonna be a $400 collectible.

$800? yeah right. I would price at maximum $500. Ripley alone should be about $189-$220 and the Power loader itself should be around $300

I'm guessing $800 by the time this thing comes out

Yeah but seriously whos gonna pay $800 for the power loader. Not even the upcoming ht delorean should cost $800.

$550 - $600 max I'd say including the ripley figure.

Last edited:
Yeah but seriously whos gonna pay $800 for the power loader.
A fair question, but I would also ask who on earth would pay $509.99 for an Iron Man suit that was in one movie for five seconds in the dark? Yet there it is.

I don't think Power Loader Ripley will be $800, but sadly I also don't think $400 is realistic given Hot Toys current pricing. I mean last year they wanted an additional $125 for a plastic chair...

902057-robocop-with-mechanical-chair-011.jpg

Pity we won't find out if the pegs for those hoses are metal or plastic until the damn thing actually comes out because Hot Toys does not talk to fans at all.

And they'll probably be plastic again and they will all break.....again. Cynical prediction but not without justification.

The pegs will break, the hoses themselves will crack, and Ripley's arms will tear.

Yeah but seriously whos gonna pay $800 for the power loader. Not even the upcoming ht delorean should cost $800.

I think that sounds about right unfortunately. It better be fully operational for $800. :lol

They should sweeten the deal and include the guns, ammo (belts are empty currently on the figure) and motion tracker so you can use her as a standalone figure. I mean she's wearing the same outfit for all of the final scenes, so it'd be a crime to sell an Aliens Ripley with guns separately anyhow, right? Gotta say though, the arms, hands and the shirt need a lot of work still before she'd look good on her own. As it stands, aside from the head and hair, the Ripley they've got stuck in the REALLY nice power loader looks like a passable custom, not a premium collectible.

10446679_753487981379861_8729199984164125625_n.jpg

tumblr_ljxq11zLV01qzbqf4o1_1280.jpg

When I sold my Ripley figure loose I kept those parts to use with my Powerloader Ripley. So if HT didn't (immediately) provide those parts I could kit the new Powerloader Ripley with those old parts.

The updated HK sculpt does it for me. Really hoping the Ripley they've got here isn't the complete figure, though. If you want to talk sweetening the deal, give her the top of her fatigues and the jacket as well as the weps. Make this the definitive Ripley figure and sell her on her own and in a two-pack.

By the time this comes out, I think it could even reach $624.99. With plastic hoses. But you'll get a spinning flashing light!

And who am I kidding? Despite the seven-year gap between movies, the Alien Ripley and Aliens Ripley will most likely have the same head sculpt. Only the hairstyles will be different.

She's gonna be too small. BBTS website says its only 15 inches tall 30 inches long. I Hope gives us a 1/6 Queen.

Yeah, it's supposed to be in scale with NECA's own version of the power loader. So long as there aren't major QC issues, it should be a nice, affordable alternative to the Hot Toys, like the ED209.

Pity we won't find out if the pegs for those hoses are metal or plastic until the damn thing actually comes out because Hot Toys does not talk to fans at all.

And they'll probably be plastic again and they will all break.....again. Cynical prediction but not without justification.

Total justifaction. I've been staying out of the ED thread because I just couldn't frigin' believe it but now it's time to face reality and catch up on what's going on

A fair question, but I would also ask who on earth would pay $509.99 for an Iron Man suit that was in one movie for five seconds in the dark? Yet there it is.

I don't think Power Loader Ripley will be $800, but sadly I also don't think $400 is realistic given Hot Toys current pricing. I mean last year they wanted an additional $125 for a plastic chair...

View attachment 123979

And this year they want $125 for this https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/marvel-iron-man-workshop-accessories-hot-toys-902240/

Honestly I went for the Robo chair and while it's a lot for a chair, I see more value in it than the Ironman set. That's the mode of the hobby today. If this is $150: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collect...peating-blaster-sideshow-collectibles-100054/ then I guess a chair is $125

Back