1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Aliens (with Power Loader!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's just no point otherwise. We've already got rotting, paint-flaking, inaccurate Aliens from Hot Toys. No need for more unless they completely overhaul their approach to the license.
Yeah. I guess the key is trying to do a fully plastic figure that still looks high quality, and not like a NECA toy.

Well one thing is certain, we'll definitely be getting a Big Chap 2.0. Let's hope they get it right this time on both accuracy and not using deteriorating rubber.

This was the one line i was really hoping HT would revisit since i missed out on all the figs from it when it was originally released, and finally this year of all years they answer my prayers! Im so so geeked out for this! HT really has done alot of fans this year a huuuuge solid. I will definitely buy everything that gets released from this line no question. Just hope they also redo the marines as welll, that would just be the cherry on the top. Again, what a freaking great year! Ive been on a serious adrenaline rush this entire day.

I've got the Power Loader (formerly Boba Ben's, in fact), and I think it holds up OK apart from the hoses, as mentioned. But the paint apps are kind of basic. That Ripley was in pretty desperate need of an update, but she did have advantages over this one IMO with the plastic arms and sculpted hair.

Hoses are definitely a problem on the old one. After ED-209, I won't assume they'll fix a problem until people start getting it in hand.

I don't think it's worth upgrading the whole set. The rubber arms and real hair aren't my favorite. Do like the new face sculpt, though.

Yeah. I guess the key is trying to do a fully plastic figure that still looks high quality, and not like a NECA toy.
Though you're making an unnecessary jab at NECA, have you seen their prototype alien warrior figures? They look absolutely stunning, and are all plastic.

I can only imagine how great they'd look with Hot Toys' paint quality.

Official-Images-For-NECA-Aliens-Series-1-alien-warrior.jpg

I'm not really trying to knock NECA. They do a great job at the products they make. Many have claimed for years, with some validity, that their sculpts can be great, even better than HT on occasion. But the fact is that they're relatively cheap, mass market toys. You have higher expectations with "high end collectibles," which HT claims to be.

That's one huge mound of hair.

And the expression is very bland for the Powerloader battle to say nothing of the actual likeness. Aliens might warrant a second headsculpt with a shouting expression methinks.

Re: Power Loader and Ripley version 2?

I can't believe this. I'm so, so happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, looks amazing! Again, it's a prototype, so they'll still tighten it up. The likeness isn't far off, and I mean, these are iPhone pictures from a distance, which doesn't help. Same with the hair. I mean Ripley had a huge head of hair in Aliens:

ripley-2.jpg

It's just not matted down with sweat here...and I mean, not everyone will be posing her with the power loader, I'm sure. Higher quality pictures will come soon enough, and who knows, the "No Cameras Allowed" sign may mean that these prototypes are still pending approval. Let's all just be excited that the figure is being made! That doesn't mean you have to buy it...always speak with your wallet if you're unhappy! Me...I can't wait! Here's hoping we get an official announcement/pictures soon!

I'll be honest, I'm a recent Hot Toys convert and it looks like they are pulling out all the stops for SDCC!

Sorry Sideshow but 2015 looks to be a Hot Toys only year for me, they just have announced so much cool stuff I want to get.

Higher expectations does not ensure higher quality; especially with Hot Toys.

Yeah the Hot Toys strategy is repaint the first version with a slightly different color, add some weathering and slap a few new tubes on it so you think you're getting an entirely new and improved 2.0 version... until the rubber starts deteriorating in a few months and you realized you just bought the same lemon redressed.

That's one huge mound of hair.
Yeah...hair looks way too big in that photo.

Kind of off topic, but the detail in that severed AvP alien head looks insanely good. Damn, really wish they'd go back and redo the aliens without rubber.

Yep, looks amazing! Again, it's a prototype, so they'll still tighten it up. The likeness isn't far off, and I mean, these are iPhone pictures from a distance, which doesn't help. Same with the hair. I mean Ripley had a huge head of hair in Aliens:

It's just not matted down with sweat here...and I mean, not everyone will be posing her with the power loader, I'm sure. Higher quality pictures will come soon enough, and who knows, the "No Cameras Allowed" sign may mean that these prototypes are still pending approval. Let's all just be excited that the figure is being made! That doesn't mean you have to buy it...always speak with your wallet if you're unhappy! Me...I can't wait! Here's hoping we get an official announcement/pictures soon!

Ok, Ok. When we get back without you I'll call your folks.

Back