1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Aliens (with Power Loader!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Power Loader and Ripley version 2?

I can't get over all those Iron Man figures in the background...there's 18 of them!

I love Aliens and all, but this release will allow me to put together one of my grail figures. Just add a plaster cast and you have the perfect Working Girl 1:6th figure.

I'd definitely call that a "huge" upgrade. I just hope we get a new Hicks out of this. With helmet and separate spiky hair "escape from Operations" headsculpt. Maybe a melted breast plate just for fun.

I'd rather see Kyle Reese first.

Improvement certainly, but its not exactly huge. We got a generic cartoony head before and now we've got a more realistic looking generic head. Might aswell not have had her likeness rights :lol

I'm being mean, sorry. I'm going to the pub. *leaves*

Come one man, No way you can say it looks like just a generic sculpt. Its not 100% but you can tell its her.. A VAST improvement IMO. But hey, you see what you see, i see what i see!

Looking at this video...

...it SEEMS (and this could change, given that these are not even finalized prototypes) like the Alien Ripley has a standard articulated body and the Aliens version has rubber arms. When the camera closes in on the Alien version's arm, it looks like smooth, shiny tan plastic. The Aliens version has more of that blemished skin tone. I'm also thinking HT might try to save money by using a standard body on the Alien version since it's not totally necessary. If that's the case, I'd buy a second Alien body to replace the Aliens one. Hoping this is indeed what's going on because that'd be an easy fix and we wouldn't have to worry about skin tone matching.

She still looks really good IMO.

Agreed. She's ageing well. It's weird, never fancied her in the Alien movies, still don't. And yet now....milf. It doesn't usually go like that. But I guess because she is who she is.

Come one man, No way you can say it looks like just a generic sculpt. Its not 100% but you can tell its her.. A VAST improvement IMO. But hey, you see what you see, i see what i see!

Well you see the problem is...we've never had a Ripley figure with Weaver's likeness rights before. It's not like it is with Arnie where for years his likeness has been available and down through those years we've gotten figures where the likenesses are 'kinda there' and 'for the time' that was enough because we didn't know how much better it really could get. Alas in 2014 we know how good toy sculpts can be, where it is absolutely bang on, no question about it, ''that is who it's meant to be'' (such as this very comic con's Keaton Batman and Weller Robocop). They just haven't achieved it here in Ripley's case unfortunately. And I'm sorry to say that no, it really doesn't look right. Like someone said strip away the hairstyle and the outfit....you might say it's Sigourney Weaver but you'd just as easily call it some other name too. And that's why I used the word 'generic'.

Agreed. She's ageing well. It's weird, never fancied her in the Alien movies, still don't. And yet now....milf. It doesn't usually go like that. But I guess because she is who she is.

Well you see the problem is...we've never had a Ripley figure with Weaver's likeness rights before. It's not like it is with Arnie where for years his likeness has been available and down through those years we've gotten figures where the likenesses are 'kinda there' and 'for the time' that was enough because we didn't know how much better it really could get. Alas in 2014 we know how good toy sculpts can be, where it is absolutely bang on, no question about it, ''that is who it's meant to be'' (such as this very comic con's Keaton Batman and Weller Robocop). They just haven't achieved it here in Ripley's case unfortunately. And I'm sorry to say that no, it really doesn't look right. Like someone said strip away the hairstyle and the outfit....you might say it's Sigourney Weaver but you'd just as easily call it some other name too. And that's why I used the word 'generic'.
Ah ok, well im sure theyll tweak this and hopefully we get a Ripley we can all be happy with. im also glad to see that theyre working on other figs , not just marvel..

Ah ok, well im sure theyll tweak this and hopefully we get a Ripley we can all be happy with. im also glad to see that theyre working on other figs , not just marvel..

Indeed. There's room for optimism. We say that every time a ''classic'' character is unveiled and then we forget all about it for awhile when they go right back into Marvel. Aaaaannnd then along comes more classic stuff eventually. We can't help ourselves, I of course include myself in that. Heck I had been slagging the **** out of HT's in the BTTF thread mere hours before that stuff was shown.

I hope with this line we get an improved Hicks and Hudson, maybe in a boxset, with a new, improved Alien warrior. Gotta have that Loader with Rip though as I sold my old one eons ago. I guess an Alien queen is still out of the question though.

Back