1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Aliens (with Power Loader!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the closed mouth Aliens sculpt might have actually been better than this for this character/scene, but I didn't see any really close up shots to tell.

I think the closed mouth Aliens sculpt might have actually been better than this for this character/scene, but I didn't see any really close up shots to tell.

It's because for the Power Loader, she had a more aggressive focused facial expression, where in this new sculpt she looks like she's confused on what to do with the Power Loader. Tweak the mouth shut on this new sculpt and it'll be perfect for this set.

200_s.gif

Not sure if this face would work in figure form. It looks like they almost tried to do it in the above picture.

Open mouth look fits suspenseful situations IMO, like essentially the whole ending of Alien, or Aliens when she's tromping around and finds the eggs. When she's full on battle mode, focused, closed mouth is a better choice.

Where are people finding these interviews? I'm seeing different tidbits for Star Wars, BTTF and Alien but they're not together. Is there a source that has the whole thing?

Where are people finding these interviews? I'm seeing different tidbits for Star Wars, BTTF and Alien but they're not together. Is there a source that has the whole thing?
The interview I posted here and the one over on the Star Wars thread is the complete thing.

Phenomenal....really liking this new interpretation of the Power Loader and Ripley by Hot Toys.
Glad too, I used to own the previous one but sold it in the recession. Very glad it's coming back. :)

Yeah, not sure what to do with my old Powerloader or if I'll even go for the new one - I'm kind of assuming an Aliens version of Ripley will also get a standalone release so I could theoretically just buy that to go with my old Loader. The new loader certainly looks better but after ED-209 I have no faith that it won't have the same problems the old one does. Its actually the only part of the original Hot Toys Aliens line I have left.

This new loader is the exact same mold with a much, much better paintjob. Probably has the same issues. Has the same silly flamethrower thingy. Might as well spend less money having your loader repainted.

Truth is, its so big I've never really enjoyed my loader except when I first put it together. But I agree, picking up the new Ripley for it is a must.

Its awesome for people like me who missed out on the first issue.. and now cant afford the original hahaha. Its up there with the aoshima drop ships. Damn those things are expensive especially depending on the colorway

Have I missed something? What head is this? This is one actually bears some resemblance...

You're right that's another head entirely!

They have done this with Maleficent at the Comic-Cons as well. 2 Different sculpts and paint jobs.

hair looks much better too...

Back