1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Aliens (with Power Loader!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just read through the other thread and I see I'm very late to this party and I pretty much repeated what others had said.

So this is great. My wallet is feeling rather disgruntled though. For a while it thought it might get away with this one.

Just read through the other thread and I see I'm very late to this party and I pretty much repeated what others had said.

So this is great. My wallet is feeling rather disgruntled though. For a while it thought it might get away with this one.

Keeping up with threads has been hard these past few days. I still don't know what I'll end up buying, but some hard decisions on what to pick up and what to pass on will have to be made.

Hoping some of this great new stuff goes up for PO soon. Hopefully in the next couple weeks so I know how violated my wallet will be in the next year.

Hot Toys put pictures of the Hong Kong con version up on Facebook, so it looks like they're willing to share those. No sign about no pictures either. Though there are different laws/rules over there when it comes to these things, so that very well could be why. Odd they wouldn't have just had the same sculpt at what's easily the biggest con in North America if that's the most recent.

They brought out a new sculpt at Ani-Com. SDCC had a earlier version.

10452969_248480175340756_2884416273310395878_o.jpg

Whoa, apparently I haven't been keeping up on current events because the old sculpts just got their asses kicked!

Almost wish I didn't know this was coming out because I've wanted it for the past four and a half years and now I feel like I won't be able to wait for it.

After the bi----ng of the first sculpt and the Uuuu.. WOW of the 2nd sculpt, watch us get the first version as a final release!! LMAOOOOOO

giphy.gif

:lol:lol:lol

Any guesses as to how they'll set this one up for order? I'm thinking they'll split this up into three releases: just Ripley, just the powerloader, and a boxset for both. Crossing fingers they'll include an undamaged headsculpt or at least the blue shirt and leather jacket. No real reason why they can't include her clean look in the same package.

Yeah, as much as I love ALIENS I don't need the power loader. It was cool but was never my favorite scene. I like all the stuff in the complex better. I also hope that they have a clean Ripley HS with jacket and pulse rifle. Or if they keep her face bloody at least include a pulse rifle/incinerator combo. Then add Newt and a couple eggs and we're good to go!

Aliens-movie-poster-1986-Sigourney-Weaver-Ripley-Newt.jpg

:lol

If this comes out in late 2015, and depending on how much it comes with, the Ripley figures alone might be approaching three bills.

It'll likely be up for pre-order this year...I'm hoping! Doesn't have to be, but it'd be nice. The pair will likely be going for $499.99...the combo pack. That'd be my guess. Highest price (unless there's something we don't know about the design) would be $599.99...but I think that'd be pushing it. Ripley alone will likely land around $249.99, give or take a bit.

But yes, prices need to slow down.

Back