1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Aliens (with Power Loader!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Aliens (with Powerloader!)

Im gonna throw my 2 cents in favor of both the rooted hair and seamless arms. (With the expectation this generation of seamless arms hold up)

Dammit, crazy looking Barbie hair on this one, as well :(

Oh, well. I'll probably buy them both anyway, and see if I can't find someone to sculpt hair on, or maybe even do it myself.

I have the original one, but this sculpt looks way better. Power Loader doesn't seem that much better than the first one, though. Don't like seamless arms either.

984183_663461853736897_5865967889275642224_n.jpg

Those are definitely rubber arms...

Those paint apps on the loader look better than the old one for sure, not that I ever thought the paint on the old one was awful.

looks great ,as for her its not bad dont care to much for the rubber arms they look kinda weird looking .

ooohh i see elder and ancient !!!!

Thats exactly the Same power loader with better paint app... Dunno if im gonna double dip... Might only upgrade ripley
Hope they Will have fixed the tubes pins... Probably not...

Re: Power Loader and Ripley version 2?

Well, I "missed out" on the first release, so this is a no brainer for me.

God, I sound just like Heath Ledger Joker fans.......

How long ago was this originally released? Does it hold up well?
RUBBER?

Looking great. Now they need to re-release some of the Aliens with better bodies, Alien Queen and Hicks, Hudson and Apone.

Re: Power Loader and Ripley version 2?

Well, I "missed out" on the first release, so this is a no brainer for me.

God, I sound just like Heath Ledger Joker fans.......

How long ago was this originally released? Does it hold up well?
RUBBER?

Holds pretty well save for the pins in the back where all the hydrolics tubes connect that break and easy fix.
Probably wont be reworked for this new version.

Im now no more looking for colonial marines. Im sure v2 are coming.
If they got peter weller and weaver likeness Bhien and the rest should be ok.

I've got the Power Loader (formerly Boba Ben's, in fact), and I think it holds up OK apart from the hoses, as mentioned. But the paint apps are kind of basic. That Ripley was in pretty desperate need of an update, but she did have advantages over this one IMO with the plastic arms and sculpted hair.

There's just no point otherwise. We've already got rotting, paint-flaking, inaccurate Aliens from Hot Toys. No need for more unless they completely overhaul their approach to the license.
And it didn't even get better with new releases. If anything, it got worse. The figure with the least deterioration problems was the first one they released, the AvP Alien Warrior.

Back