1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Aliens (with Power Loader!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New Hot Toys Aliens Figures?

Hmmm I'm not liking the head sculpt. What do you guys think?

It'll be amazing by the time it's ready. This was a surprise piece, so it's clearly still in the works. Even still, it's pretty spot on. I can guarantee that it's the hair throwing most off. I'm eager to see the Aliens version...that'll likely give a better idea of the face!

Proto pictures of Thor 2 Loki were rather mediocre, but the final version turned out really good (to the point where many wished the proto had looked as good so they would've ordered).

10552458_663429973740085_2466191168414740992_n.jpg

Last edited:

Could be a random question, but I wonder how tall it is? The first version of Ripley was the smaller female body hot toys was running a full head shorter than the other figures. Weaver is a legit 6ft tall and eye to eye with most men around her. Wonder if this one is any taller? Probably wishfull thinking but would be nice if they accounted for that.

When we see Aliens Ripley she's gonna be inside the Powerloader judging by a pic in the Weller Robocop thread.

Re: Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Aliens (with Powerloader!)

Wow, cool to see the real hair.

Hm, something is off, from this angle the likeness is not perfekt.

The face on the Aliens Ripley looks pretty much the same as the Alien one from what I can tell....

The face on the Aliens Ripley looks pretty much the same as the Alien one from what I can tell....
I think the cheekbones look a bit more defined on the Aliens version, but that could just be due to shadows.

Well I'm sure they'd keep the same sculpt for the most part! Or at least the same artist. I'm sure there'll be minor differences once we get some up close shots, but I mean...it's the same character, so it'll look fairly close :) Subtle differences I'm sure!

I think the cheekbones look a bit more defined on the Aliens version, but that could just be due to shadows.

:lol with so few pictures and so much excitment, it's kind of hilarious how much every speculation is put into on these first shots :) It's definitely shadows. It'll be great once we see some HQ up close shots of both :)

Back