Pirates of the Caribbean 5: Dead Men Tell No Tales July 7, 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Pirates of the Caribbean 5: July 7, 2017

Shouldn't Sparrow be dead from scurvy or infection by now?

Ok, thanks..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who's directing?

Sounds like we'll soon be seeing a HT Jack Sparrow w/Poseidon's Trident and possibly a Javier Bardem figure. :rock

So I guess those rumors about about Orlando Bloom returning were false.

Well Geoffrey Rush will be back. So, assuming HT makes figures based on this movie, maybe we'll finally get a Barbossa figure?

My only reason to care about the film.

Yeah. I'm cautiously optimistic about the film. I know others may disagree, but I think all of the films thus far have been decent to great. The first film is one of my all time favorites, the second was good, third was worst of the bunch but still entertaining, and the fourth one was an improvement over the third. Even if this film is garbage I like the characters so much that I would still buy just about any figure HT may choose to put out. I hope they don't just put out a Jack Sparrow and nothing else though

Should have just left it as a trilogy.

I don't know why, but I just don't like Jack, he's just too over the top.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Part 2 was great.

Part 3 ruined him for sure. Well, technically it ruined the entire franchise.

Swashbuckling while running on that wheel was the moment they jumped the shark for me. A few things before that really push it(the bridge) but are just barely forgivable because they make it still seem like pure luck. But at that point, he becomes capable of doing anything on purpose and it's just ridiculous.

A movie franchise based on a Disney ride. It's ridiculous to begin with.

Also I can't see how a bunch of fellas magically turned into living dead is any less ridiculous than fighting on the moving wheel.
First movie was already OTT, just not big enough yet.

It's the Michael Scott "Die Hard" argument. In Part 1, Jack himself can't can't do anything a regular human couldn't. The more extreme stuff he gets away with, like a long fall off a cliff, is a complete accident. It lends itself to believability in writing. By three, he can balance on a wet sail mast in the rain, while sword fighting, holding a heavy chest, and getting sucked into a whirlpool as the ship rocks back and forth. It's a little too ott for me, much like Indy hopping into a fridge.

That's why I like four. They dialed that kinda action down but still needed to do away with the stupid mermaid love plot and focus more on making Blackbeard a bad-ass.

That's why I like four. They dialed that kinda action down but still needed to do away with the stupid mermaid love plot and focus more on making Blackbeard a bad-ass.

Yep, that's what ruined it for me. Dragging as **** with boring new characters. And the main plot finale was very lame.

They need better supporting characters to surround Jack with than the ones Stranger Tides had.

And I'll forever wish they'd left Norrington alive as the "straight man" to Jack after Will. Jack Davenport would've been better than Orlando Bloom.

Don't know if I can manage to dig up much anticipation for more Jack Sparrow at this point, though. I'm rather sick of Johnny Depp and have been since what he and Burton did to Dark Shadows.

This is the character he seems to clearly want to play and not leave behind. We've had Native American Sparrow, Vampire Sparrow, Art Dealer Sparrow....He might as well go back to playing the real thing in the correct films.

First movie was already OTT, just not big enough yet.

The first movie had the best balance - an adventure movie with just enough of the supernatural to add some flair to it, but nothing that touched its adventure movie core. To me, Jack was also better balanced in it. I wish the sequels had been more like it, because I think the series would've been a LOT better served by it.

Last edited:

I didn't mind 1-3. Still think Davy Jones is one of the best CG characters to date!! Fourth Movie kind of felt like Crystal Skull to me (shrug your shoulders and move along). Still looking forward to the next instalment!!

Back