1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien

Some of the close ups make the sculpt like a bit better, but it's still off.
I want the Ripley from my pre-adolescent crush dammit!

It's not typical for Hot Toys to paint eyes not-straight ahead, so I'm wondering if this has PERS.

They have done a few eyes pointing sideways recently. So it's not unheard of.
But it would be great to finally get a female head with PERS. Especially after they seem to have considered it and abandoned it for Ada Wong

If it were a genuinely great likeness everyone would be praising it as such like the Keaton Batman sculpt, like the Full BD Peter Weller Robocop sculpt. There's just too many voices of discontent though, including Abake there. If he can't see the face he ****** to as an adolescent....then its just not there yet.

If it were a genuinely great likeness everyone would be praising it as such like the Keaton Batman sculpt, like the Full BD Peter Weller Robocop sculpt. There's just too many voices of discontent though, including Abake there. If he can't see the face he ****** to as an adolescent....then its just not there yet.

:rotfl

Yeah, I'm not there yet...

She looks older than in the original movie , something is off. Its a prototype we must remember there is going to be subject to change, there should be no debate just yet.I want this verison only so i really want a perfect ajustment , but lets be patient.Plus whats with the limited in pictures , do we not have any more film in there ditigal cameras

Yeah, it's definitely the eyes that aren't right. The rest of the face & head is somewhere from pretty good to spot on. And as others have pointed out, HT haven't wanted it officially photographed & the sculpt is pending Weaver's approval. In other words, it ain't finished. No need to panic..

To be honest, it'd be Jonesy who would be most upset about likeness issues at this point in time. That'd scare an Xenomorph.

She looks older than in the original movie , something is off. Its a prototype we must remember there is going to be subject to change, there should be no debate just yet.I want this verison only so i really want a perfect ajustment , but lets be patient.Plus whats with the limited in pictures , do we not have any more film in there ditigal cameras
We all want what you just wrote dude - & we've said all that already too. :lol

Goodness, the rooted hair in those up-close photos looks phenomenal. Really hope that holds up over time.

Pending approval from Ms. Sigourney Weaver. :lol I wonder what she thinks of the likeness. She is probably saying the same thing we are. "But it looks nothing like ME." :lol

Again I don't understand. How is now not a time for criticism, especially for someone who doesn't see the likeness? If Sigourney approves the sculpt because she doesn't know any better about how accurate sculpts can get these days and if Hot Toys sees no one saying anything bad about the sculpt in forums or elsewhere - why would they change it? You'll end up with this sculpt as the final release.

This is exactly the time to voice all opinions about the sculpt.

Again I don't understand. How is now not a time for criticism, especially for someone who doesn't see the likeness? If Sigourney approves the sculpt because she doesn't know any better about how accurate sculpts can get these days and if Hot Toys sees no one saying anything bad about the sculpt in forums or elsewhere - why would they change it? You'll end up with this sculpt as the final release.

This is exactly the time to voice all opinions about the sculpt.

Wow relax , you have plenty of time to freak out , get it--- freak out .

Back