1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien (Updated with new prototype HS)

I am all for the rooted hair. Ripleys curly 80's mop would be so hard to sculpt , paint and look better than what we have seen so far.

I see it as the only ay this figure will work

Here's a comparison of one of the custom Ripley sculpts with sculpted hair and HT's prototype with rooted hair. Not only does the rooted hair look better, but the sculpted hair has to have a recess around the neck, to retain some of the mobility.

Ripley_Hair.jpg

Sculpted hair does work better for short hairstyles, because "hair" cannot be reduced in scale. Short rooted hair tends to remain straight and very hard to style, so it ends up looking toylike. Rooted hair that is longer, is easier to control, so is easier to make look realistic.

Rooted hair mostly can be made to look good with futzing and a bit of gel... mostly.

Will be my first female figure lol and rooted hair too, if they deliver on the proto i will be a happy bunny!

It bears repeating - The hair on my IRONMAN II Black Widow looks great. I'm not worried about this, on the contrary.

Here's a comparison of one of the custom Ripley sculpts with sculpted hair and HT's prototype with rooted hair. Not only does the rooted hair look better, but the sculpted hair has to have a recess around the neck, to retain some of the mobility.

View attachment 125251

Sculpted hair does work better for short hairstyles, because "hair" cannot be reduced in scale. Short rooted hair tends to remain straight and very hard to style, so it ends up looking toylike. Rooted hair that is longer, is easier to control, so is easier to make look realistic.

my question is what happens when dust gets on that hair?

I don't think it would be easy to clean, Now I know most people never display these out, but makes me wonder what would happen over time if it was displayed in a room like that.

would it be a pain in the butt ?

I have the original Black Widow figure (with the curly hair) which is not dissimilar to Ripley's. It still looks as good as the day i bought it, without any futzing, gel or sprays whatsoever. I keep it on a open shelf so is not kept away from dust. Every time it is picked up to repose it, i give it a little blow to clear off any dust. That is all you need, and it's good for another few weeks. It's really not a big deal. I have to do the same thing with my figures with moulded hair. I really can't see what everyones' worried about.

my question is what happens when dust gets on that hair?

I don't think it would be easy to clean, Now I know most people never display these out, but makes me wonder what would happen over time if it was displayed in a room like that.

would it be a pain in the butt ?
Those delicate make up brushes would sort that pretty quick.

I use one to go over the heads & clothing on my HT figures, if need be.

Definitely a vaaaast improvement.........However, there's something about it that kinda screams Adrienne Barbeau

Urgh. God damn you! That's all I can see now...a 1/6 Adrienne Barbeau... and I defo don't want a copy of anything John Carpenter once had his **** in!

You guys sure its not just the hairstyle? People were calling the SDCC prototype Adrienne Barbeau aswell and those 2 facesculpts (SDCC vs Anicom) are night and day as far as I'm concerned.

Rooted hair wich looks realistic in general and to the source, is much appreciated. There is nothing to pick on the new version on Ripley. The old one looked like it was just put on and not fitted.

Back