1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien

i think i will if not spaced VERY well on releases get the delorean with mcfly and give the powerloader (if separate) a pass. (will just buy Ripley). i have so many figures now that i just dont know what to hold on to and what to let go. if i keep adding everything they release, i will surely go broke. custom figures are scraping my wallet in a big way - which is my real worry. so have to find a balance and as much as i like the powerloader i may have to pass, just like i had to pass ED209. but who know :)

Just to clarify the post of mine Leon quoted here is before we saw the more recent prototype that actually does look like Sigourney Weaver :lol

As to your question, well we don't know for sure if there's gonna be a separate figure release, kind of assume there will be because there's more very memorable ways to display a Ripley from Aliens than just in the Powerloader.

This powerloader looks better than the one I have and the one I have has fallen apart in ways - all the hoses have broken off and one of the shoulders broke too - fixed that but not without causing some scrapes and so on that diminish the collectible for me. For these reasons I'd certainly be tempted to get the new Loader but I'd have to sell my old one somehow, whatever about ED-209 I definitely don't need 2 Powerloaders.

What are you planning on getting sir?

Re: Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien (Updated with new prototype HS)

I just realized something about this so called second sculpt. There isn't a second sculpt, it's still the same head sculpt. If you guys would pay attention, you would notice that old version head is just tilted lower compared to the new version which makes the old version sculpt look different. It's all the same head sculpt, you can even notice how in the old version that her jawline isn't as squared as the new version because her head is positioned to look down.

I just realized something about this so called second sculpt. There isn't a second sculpt, it's still the same head sculpt. If you guys would pay attention, you would notice that old version head is just tilted lower compared to the new version which makes the old version sculpt look different. It's all the same head sculpt, you can even notice how in the old version that her jawline isn't as squared as the new version because her head is positioned to look down.

wait-what.jpg

Waiting on the full specs.
For exceptional authenticity, I expect to see one pair of white panties, real rooted hairs on the list.

The teeth are showing on one sculpt & not on the other. Pay attention.

Um....no.

1407251318f53d715ac51c2421.jpg

tumblr_mrp2wq58Kn1r91fqoo1_500_zps69929b43.jpg

Ah,,,i see.:slap. man did i kick my self in the ass. I would've sworn they both looked the same to me. I'm surprised i never noticed the teeth.

Man, the Powerloader looks crazy good! The ALIENS Ripley though? Not so much..

Thank goodness 79 Ripley has been improved, & yeah.. what a misfire on the cat.

It would've made a top little accessory figure. :(

Thank goodness 79 Ripley has been improved, & yeah.. what a misfire on the cat.
Given that there's presently no Alien figure release to accompany this figure, maybe Hot Toys wants Ripley to use the flamethrower on the cat instead...

I'm probably in the minority, but I didn't mind the first sculpt, I'm just not digging the hair on either.

The hair is going to be a mess to futz..

Yeah I hate futzing rooted hair on my action figs, I am constantly looking over my shoulder, making sure no one can see what I'm doing. :lol

...and looking yourself in the mirror asking: "what have I become?". :lol

I don't know what the big deal is; I got the IRONMAN II Black Widow when it was released, and her hair looks the same right now as it did when it came out of the box. I've never had to futz, schmoozle or reconfabulate her hair at all.

Yeah I hate futzing rooted hair on my action figs, I am constantly looking over my shoulder, making sure no one can see what I'm doing. :lol

...and looking yourself in the mirror asking: "what have I become?". :lol

:lol I had to make sure my wife was out of the house when I unboxed Catwoman. Couldn't let her see me stoop to that level. :lol

I just lock the doors to my room when i have to tend to any of my female figures hairs that way none of my siblings walk in on me.

Back