1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien (Updated with new prototype HS)

If they'd had a dog in Alien, it would have sort of wandered in and just started eating bits of Kane after the chestburster ran off.

That cat jumping fail almost killed me... Don't eat and browse forum...

If they'd had a dog in Alien, it would have sort of wandered in and just started eating bits of Kane after the chestburster ran off.

fava+beans.gif

Much better sculpt.

I showed the pics to my hubby and asked him who he thought it was. He immediately said Ripley, then changed his mind and said Adrienne Barbeau. :lol

She mostly looks like Ripley. Mostly.

I was looking at HT's Facebook page and came across this image:

hot_toys_booth.jpg

Recognize that silhouette? Could it be?

I would take that more as just repping the license of aliens, and next to it alien. You can see a stormtrooper poster too, meaning they've got star wars, but I'm not gonna hold my breath for hot toys stormtroopers, and alien, or an alien queen.

View attachment 123253

Though it could just be to advertise the second film's figures in general. We have the poster on its left for the first movie, so maybe they went with two just to distinguish.

Then again... it'd be pretty hard to believe HT decided to use THAT image if they weren't going to make Her Majesty.

View attachment 123253

It'll cost $700 and have rubber body parts that disintegrate like the ED-209 domes in a month. Like Benjamin Franklin, I'm choosing to assume the worst-case scenario, so that I am pleasantly surprised more often than not.

From left to right: 'The ALIEN', (then the queen) Guardians of the Galaxy, three stormtroopers, and two more posters that I can't identify. We all know HT has put GOTG figures up for pre-order, and they've had the SW and ALIENS licenses for a long time; With the new Ripley/Power Loader 2.0, (and finally the Weaver likeness) why WOULDN'T Hot Toys make a queen? We all know as well as they do how profusely a grail piece like this would sell. I don't think it's just a rep poster for the franchise, I think they're producing THE QUEEN to go with the new Ripley/Loader. Not just wishful thinking on my part, because I probably can't afford it anyway.

Last edited:

Hopefully not. The Queen has even more of an insectoid, jointed appearance than the standard Alien. It really wouldn't make sense for them to use rubber, especially on that weird body shape of hers.

Wow. That is pretty huge. Use of that specific image has to be strategic. No way it was accidental.

Hots toys has been know to hype, I wouldn't be to excited until it becomes official

I hate to rain on anyone's parade, but HT haven't delivered on stuff they directly advertised with "coming soon" cards. A poster on a wall is not proof of life. :lol

I would love to be wrong though!

X-Men, First Class.

Didn't we see a prototype of one of them...? :D

X-Men, First Class.

Didn't we see a prototype of one of them...? :D

Yup, the Professor

But do u realize how old 1st class is now? Isnt it kinda late?

Well not like it was 'one and done' and now no one remembers. We saw 'young Professor' again in 'Days of Future Past' very recently.
I think many (many many many) people would still be up for young Professor and young Magneto.

But do u realize how old 1st class is now? Isnt it kinda late?

No, the point is that there was an actual protoype of that, which is way further along in the production process than a poster, and so far... nothing.

I'll freely admit, not a licence I'm interested in, but until it goes up for preorder, I wouldn't bank on an Alien queen coming down the production line. Me, I'd be happy just for an updated Alien. Movie scared the crap out of me as a kid.

But do u realize how old 1st class is now?

Three years. You must be well under 21 if three years ago equates to "how old" :lol

* shuffles away waving walking stick & kicking kids off my damn lawn *

Back