1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien (Updated with new prototype HS)

Now she has my attention. This will be a interesting female head sculpt because it is not meant to be beautiful or sexy but rather a regular woman (if that makes sense). This might work to her favour and become HT best female head sculpt!

Now we are talking Hot Toys:) The new head sculpt looks good and I believe it will become better. I am in:)

New sculpt is great. The differences in form are incremental at 1/6 scale, but the impact on likeness is night and day. Over to Ms Weaver and Fox I guess?

Wow. She's absolutely stunning.

New sculpt is great. The differences in form are incremental at 1/6 scale, but the impact on likeness is night and day. Over to Ms Weaver and Fox I guess?

+1

This sculpt would probably persuade me to finally buy a figure with 'realistic' hair:

10525581_913424555341419_5182841732367161611_n.jpg

The new head looks spot on. They captured her facial expression perfectly in the open mouth one. Really hope they don't mess around with the sculpt from this point until the production one. Neat to see the difference between the one at SDCC and Ani-Com.

That new sculpt is Weaver, the other is someone else.

If they keep the new headsculpt this will be a day one preorder for me. As well as the powerloader version. Hot toys is stepping up the game. Fimgers and toes crossed for pers system as well. If so should make for awesome posing. Imagine ripley standing feet wide base flamethrower angled out head tilted down with eyes facing looking up. Like shes about to wreck a xeno oh man.

Yup, that is a fine HS, I like the rooted hair with this and the power-load figure. Instant PO when offered.

New sculpt is solid. Still not quite sold on the hair, but I think they'll improve it between now and release.

Is it perverted for me to ask if her end of movie outfit of tee-shirt and underwear will be included in the set?

Okay, that's much better.

The jawline for one, on top of everything else that needed tweaking.

I'm even ok with the hair now.

Yeah, when the likeness is that good the hair seems secondary to me somehow. I'll probably still try to sculpt hair for her, though.

It's actually a little tighter looking, which is good. Her hair was obviously very curly, not just a long unkempt matted nest.

What's also great, is that her jacket collar seems to be sitting a lot better now, not behind her ears.

Its only perverted if you do perverted things with it hahaha. Would make for awesome movie scene poses though. Especially since some members do backdrops and what not for their displays

New headsculpt = SOLD. Take my money!! :)
Here's hoping we see other new, or new & improved, Hot Toys figures from ALIEN!

Back