1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien

Yeh, they've gone a bit overboard on the sheer amount of Ripley's hair :lol But again, it's nothing they can't fix.

Re: Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien (Updated with new prototype HS)

Loving the update on the head sculpt!

HUGE improvement! That's Ripley! :clap

Last edited:

As others have said the hair is much better aswell on the new prototype. I'd be happy with the final figure if it looked like that.

Too right! They may even improve it further as we don't know how long off a reveal is yet either.

I actually can't believe I thought the original HS was good. The new HS makes the old one look dreadful. Well done Hot Toys :clap:clap

The new sculpt is a winner! buying for sure!!!

New sculpt makes me want to buy this...still on the fence.
No fence sitting for me. Shes is getting PO ASAP!
pa6y4asy.jpg

P.s thats my mate meeting Weaver lol

While there are more display options for the 'Aliens' Ripley (especially with the powerloader and the possibility of other Marines and xenos), the first movie is my favorite look. Never did I ever expect HT to do it, so this is a day one preorder for me. So much attitude conveyed in this figure, it's ridiculous.

Nailed it

While there are more display options for the 'Aliens' Ripley (especially with the powerloader and the possibility of other Marines and xenos), the first movie is my favorite look. Never did I ever expect HT to do it, so this is a day one preorder for me. So much attitude conveyed in this figure, it's ridiculous.

Gotta say, for me exact opposite. Aliens > Alien all day. BUUUUUTT, they so totally nailed '79 Ripley. If that is the production figure I don't see how I can avoid getting both. Its just too awesome.

I have the first release of Ripley & Power Loader... I added dirt and oil stains to the clothes, I removed the black fingerless gloves from her hands, and I also took apart the 'roll cage' pipes so I could paint them black on the inside to stop light from showing through the bars and leaking out the cracks. The mods really make a difference, but now... I'll need to spend $100 on ebay (if I'm lucky) to buy a parted-out new Ripley head from this new release. *sigh*

You could actually give that a haircut and turn it into Aliens Ripley if you wanted. I think that sculpt is a little better than that new Aliens one from what little I've seen.

I remember when the Dallas & Kane came out... I bought both, and thoroughly modded both for better accuracy. (I've been lucky that the rubber suits have not degraded to this very day.) When they were first announced, I was really hoping a Lambert in spacesuit would follow... but it never did. That gave me the impression that Hot Toys saw the Lambert character as 'not sexy' and therefor not worth producing, even though she was a member of the iconic THREE person team who went out to investigate the derelict ship.
Now we will have sexy Ripley... Can we possibly expect the full crew? Should I dare to hope?... probably not. *sigh*

Just imagine how cool it would be to have a full set of ALIEN crew members, and all the great accessory possibilities...

Seeing them like that, want both. Even the Powerloader again. Even if all the hose pegs broke again it'd be better than the old with that paintjob. Assuming that's the paintjob that the final pieces receive.

Last edited:
Back