1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien (Updated with new prototype HS)

:lol I think they've still got a bit more work to do myself (headsculpt pretty much under control - now sort out the jumpsuit material & fit, and make Jonesy look like a cat). Part of me is waving my wallet at the screen, but tbh I'd rather they take an age & get it right..
Yeah, I know. :lol

Just being silly.

Don't be disappointed, the rest of the time I'm a bonafide smartarse, so.. :lol

LRIs9n1.jpg

If she approved her likeness for The Great Movie ride, it's safe to assume she'll think any Caucasian, brunette female looks like her. :lol

Didn't weaver have less clothing on underneath that jumpsuit?

Nope - but it should all be a tad more fitted, and not quite so obviously cloth :) I'm hoping HT will spend time on the outfit as well as the sculpt, this is one 1/6 scale figure I'd like to see with a really "true" fit to the layers.

I know it's never going to be perfect at scale & all that... But it'll cost enough that I think that's a fair want.

Much better sculpt.

I showed the pics to my hubby and asked him who he thought it was. He immediately said Ripley, then changed his mind and said Adrienne Barbeau. :lol

Anyways I asked him if he thought it looked like Ripley and he said, "Close." That says a lot, IMO, coming from someone who does not collect these things.

There's definitely an Adrienne Barbeau thing going on with it--the hair intensifies that effect. I think right now it's 95% Ripley. Hopefully they fix the hair--maybe make the curls a little less tight?--and that can push it up to 100%.

There's definitely an Adrienne Barbeau thing going on with it--the hair intensifies that effect. I think right now it's 95% Ripley. Hopefully they fix the hair--maybe make the curls a little less tight?--and that can push it up to 100%.

I think making the curls less tight would make the hair puff out too much like the SDCC prototype so I'd say no to that if my theory were correct,

I don't know, I think it looks great. I just hope we get Aliens too

Surely there has to be a re-release of the Alien to go along with this.

A straight re-release wouldn't surprise me. It'd disgust me, but wouldn't surprise me.

Surely there has to be a re-release of the Alien to go along with this.

I Hope so, HT shows much love for their Predator figs but its been a long time since they released an Alien.
+ I haven't got an Alien fig in my collection yet.

Such a cool touch that the Ripley fig comes with Jones. Maybe they will release their Alien fig with another version of Jones, maybe arching its back pose?

Yes ALIEN rerelease- i doubt a new figure so we'll get the old one repainted warts and all...

Back