1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien (Updated with new prototype HS)

Just looks cooler, and nicely represents the horror of the film, even if the suit isn't lying on its back. I'll put it this way--I would rather have Dallas and a Kane with face hugger in suits, than a Dallas and Kane w/ no face hugger in suits, both with good sculpts, but missing Lambert. In one case, you're nicely representing different aspects of the film. In the other, you've got an incomplete collection since it wasn't just two guys who inspected the alien ship. And those sculpts are smallish, but same goes for Dallas. Paint on the facehugger isn't Silent Surfer quality, but I think it is fine personally.

Yeah, I still have mine psoed with the facehugger on. It's OK when lost behind the broken visor. But I would kind of like an actual Kane sculpt.

But why? Do you not like his face? Like Dallas' better?

I know what you mean -- a facehugged figure is just too cool -- but in Kane's case then he only makes sense laying down, and I'd prefer my spacesuits up and moving.

I'd take underwear Kane with a facehugger and a boner.

Uh....

What do you guys think are the chances of HT doing a Lucky Star Ripley? And if they do, should we expect a Big Chap 2.0?

I'm certain we'll get an Alien 2.0 from Hot Toys. Only question is how much Tsang will make it look like the actual alien from the movie...

I know many arent a fan of the BIg Chap, I REALLY like it though. Not 100% accurate, but one of my favorites. If a 2.o version comes out, im in for one for sure.
I wonder when well get release info for Ripley though?

What do you guys think are the chances of HT doing a Lucky Star Ripley? And if they do, should we expect a Big Chap 2.0?

I'm certain we'll get an Alien 2.0 from Hot Toys. Only question is how much Tsang will make it look like the actual alien from the movie...

Yes, 2.0 Alien is highly likely since they bothered to even make a Ripley from the first film. They couldn't possibly pass up that cash.

A Lucky Star Ripley is possible, depends how Ripley sells. I know a lot of people are talking and are excited but when it comes to plunking down the cash we'll see just how many actually do.

But the safe money is on a new Alien "Big Chap". I never liked that term, Big Chap.

SIDE NOTE: I still have my original HT Big Chap and I love it (with the mouth fix). Still stunning looking on the shelf. Rubber seems to be holding up, and it hasn't even dried out yet, still looks a bit 'wet', glossy.

Yep I would buy an Alien 2.0. Maybe next year's SDCC it will be revealed? who knows.....:dunno

SIDE NOTE: I still have my original HT Big Chap and I love it (with the mouth fix). Still stunning looking on the shelf. Rubber seems to be holding up, and it hasn't even dried out yet, still looks a bit 'wet', glossy.

With the rubber issues HT has had, I check mine every few months and its also in great shape. Soft and shiny with no issues. I wonder why HT doesnt just use proven rubber mixtures with their figs??

Probably cost cutting, use of different factories, and above all else, a general lack of concern over these issues.

Thanks, guys -- so a BC 2.0 is not unlikely. A Lucky Star Ripley is probably wishful thinking but a BC2.0 might actually help it sell as that was the climatic encounter between Ripley and the Alien.

Plus, I know I'm dreaming but a LS Ripley with the grappling hook, CORRECT Alien 2.0 and Narcissus (shuttle) Diorama would be sick, one with a blow-out hatch door of course. Oh, and it has to have all the necessary light up functions.

Last edited:

Haven't checked in on this thread in awhile--turns out I didn't know as much as I thought I did about Alien and Indiana Jones.

375326e32b9d0e43b7c676e4d9da04f4.jpg

Plus, I know I'm dreaming but a LS Ripley with the grappling hook, CORRECT Alien 2.0 and Narcissus (shuttle) Diorama would be sick, one with a blow-out hatch door of course. Oh, and it has to have all the necessary light up functions.

$1000.00 USD from HT, $10,000 from QMX :lol:lol:lol

I assume LS-Rip will have the harpoon. If or when the Alien 2.0 comes out it would just be an improvment on the face I believe.

Thinking out load again...two Alien heads, one closed mouth the other with the retractible inner jaw. But that's :cuckoo:

Not sure what else can be improved on the Alien fig. Better articulation I :dunno

But all this talk for a potential Alien 2.0 is now driving me :gah:

The hands and the mouth section was the only part of the sculpt tgat was way off. I would welcome a new Xeno to go along with the new Ripley

Back