1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien

I do hope this is a DX. Very nice change from Batman and Terminator DX releases.

I would assume they're simply different prototypes, and my guess is the newer one is the one they plan on going with. At least, I hope so. I don't see HT giving her the DX treatment, doing google eyes or extra heads.

I don't even need the other head. This is the one I will use. Perfect.

10511348_334175896740042_8842102604205583579_n.jpg

That's perfect. This figure is now complete.

Wow that is spot on. Is this a different head than they initially used on Wednesday/Thursday or is it futzing/lighting?

This is not at SDCC. This is the one being displayed at the other convention. The Loader there also has an alternate face on it.

10367801_334176170073348_6508128419091852131_n.jpg

Hell yeah, that's it! Whew! Was really worried we'd have finally gotten a ALIEN Ripley only to be given a crummy look-a-like head. This is clearly Weaver and looks spot-on :rock :rock

So Sigourney finally allowed her image to be used with guns after all these years?

I have no interest in the actually Aliens as figures, but would love Ripley.

I saw NECA also had one, so something must have loosened up. Or maybe since it's a flamethrower it's not as big of a deal? :huh

Would have loved to have bumped naughties with her back then. Of course she would have been thrown in jail.

Took me a second :lol

ugyhe2yb.jpg

LOVE. This shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, that is incredible... put it in a box and send it over HT :rock :rock

I don't even need the other head. This is the one I will use. Perfect.

10511348_334175896740042_8842102604205583579_n.jpg

The first head must just be a placeholder w/a generic likeness. Maybe if the good sculpt isn't approved we'll get stuck with it, but if the good one is approved the first one will probably get scrapped.

Re: Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien (Updated with new prototype HS)

Ah thanks guys. Looks great. Now fix up Jonesy. :lol

Now the likeness is in the league of the Batman DX15, Robo BD and Marty. :yess:

Assuming she isn't just bare bones with the Power Loader, she should come with the blue shirt, jacket, and flame thrower/pulse rifle at least.

Really nice upgrade. I liked the first one fine, but I hope this new one is the one we get. The open mouth is great ... really captures Weaver's signature determined underbite.

Assuming she isn't just bare bones with the Power Loader, she should come with the blue shirt, jacket, and flame thrower/pulse rifle at least.

Yeah, I was somewhat concerned she'd just be barebones with the powerloader. I just can't see Hot Toys throwing money away like that. Separate releases I think in the end.

Back