1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien (Updated with new prototype HS)

"You can't just go around.."

"WHY."

"Because you can't!"

"WHY."

"Because you just can't - okay??!"

:monkey4

''OK now you've gotta promise me you're not gonna touch anyone OK? You Swear?''

''what?''

'Just put up your hand and say ''I swear I won't fondle anyone'''

''I swear I will not fondle anyone''

''Ok, lets go''

Why are we even going there..

Anyway - those earlier links.

Veronica Cartright - what a trooper. She didn't know what to expect, but the premise that she would die of a heart attack, is pretty intense. Incidentally, she was great in the classic Hitchcock film 'The Birds' - more creatures attacking her in that one too. :lol

Funnily enough, I only discovered not too long ago, that she's the sister of the original PENNY ROBINSON!!! :rock

Dum dee doo ... let's check in on the Hot Toys Ripley thread ... been a couple of days ... wonder if there's anything new ...

:horror

WHAT THE $H!T HAPPENED IN HERE?

All Alien threads seem to have to have the "lambert was raped by the alien because they said so after the fact" discussion at some point.

The suggestion is there on the screen. You could say that it happened or it didn't. Obviously Cameron and all that followed went with ''it didn't''

Why are we even going there..

Anyway - those earlier links.

Veronica Cartright -- classic Hitchcock film 'The Birds' - more creatures attacking her in that one too. :lol

Funnily enough, I only discovered not too long ago, that she's the sister of the original PENNY ROBINSON!!! :rock

My god, I just realized I had a dream about The Birds last night. For some reason we were slowly walking our house like at the end of the movie in this post traumatic daze, and there's thousands of birds all around. My daughter has a 4 pound teacup Yorkie, and so in the dream one of the mean ass Seagulls bites me hard as hell on the ankle and I'm trying to keep composed, but our little Yorkie starts growling at it, all these birds perk up and I'm like "... Oh ****." That's where it ended. I'm a pretty lucid dreamer.

Considering that the xenomorphs are designed by Giger who is well known for his highly sexualized artwork, maybe the rape idea was somewhere in the writer's and director's minds to be implied but not really the type of deviant storytelling you want in a mainstream flick.

anyway this thread has taken a wonky detour. I was just going to chime in hoping that Sideshow produces a new Big Chap and Warrior to go with the new Ripley. An Alien Queen would be fantastic, although probably in the $600 neighborhood. I doubt they'll redo any Nostromo crew members or Space Marines unfortunately.

Last edited:

There are so many sexual undertones and overtones in Alien, not to mention the subjects of motherhood, birth, etc., you could write a dissertation on it. And I'm sure somebody has.

I wrote about motherhood in my thesis, it was about the science fiction of Cameron's films. Did from T1 to Avatar. Still the best thing I've ever written.

It was a ***** and I bombed through it. I couldn't watch anything Cameron related for a long time afterwards.

:lol

NECA is presently raping Lambert aswell then....oh and Kane according to Wor Gar.

As far as '70s rockers go, they could have done worse! I probably wouldn't have displayed my Kane without the facehugger head even if it was a great sculpt, though.

They didn't even do a good job of the facehugged sculpt though. It was tiny. Paint wasn't great either as I recall.

Yeah, I still have mine psoed with the facehugger on. It's OK when lost behind the broken visor. But I would kind of like an actual Kane sculpt.

I probably wouldn't have displayed my Kane without the facehugger head even if it was a great sculpt, though.

But why? Do you not like his face? Like Dallas' better?

I know what you mean -- a facehugged figure is just too cool -- but in Kane's case then he only makes sense laying down, and I'd prefer my spacesuits up and moving.

I'd take underwear Kane with a facehugger and a boner.

Back