1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien

It has a great outfit but the face is to long and some proportions are off. I hope they can fix this like they did with elder predator.

So this is the future of Hot Toys make two figures out of one in past they would have included this in one set but now they are milking it

Yeah. It's almost as though Hot Toys is in this to make money instead of giving you every figure you ever wanted in one box, lol.
:lol

I've been waiting on this for a long time but that looks crap to me. Rubber arms, the sculpts off and the hair looks odd. To top it off Jonesy looks like it was sculpted by a four year old. Disappointing so far, hopefully these issues will be fixed.

I see A LOT of ripley there. Is it perfect? No, but if its a proto why would we expect it to be? Theyll tweak it like they do with all their figs, no big

Yeah. I see a lot in there too. As has been pointed out, it's a bit stretched right now, but they will likely fix that.
Like you say, it's not perfect(Some protos have been a lot further off than this one(Look at the armour test Tony head Vs the final, and the same with the Reeve Superman), but i think this is a solid enough base to start off with.
I *don't* personally feel Alien or Aliens characters are figures i would buy, but that's a personal opinion based on my own collecting habits. I love the movies.

It is good to see her in 1/6 but it is an easy pass for me although I will be following the thread for updates and new pics.

Kinda late to the party.
Likeness is still off, but I'm sure we'll see some adjustments along the way.
Really stoked for this!

Enviado desde mi iPhone con Tapatalk

It's been a while since I've watched the movie, but the sculpt definitely does not match the picture in my brain. Remove it from context I don't know if I'd even know it was Weaver/Ripley - compared with Iminime's sculpt which I thought was really good.

It's been a while since I've watched the movie, but the sculpt definitely does not match the picture in my brain. Remove it from context I don't know if I'd even know it was Weaver/Ripley - compared with Iminime's sculpt which I thought was really good.

That imnime sculpt looks nothing like weaver.

Great looking figure, its not 100% Ripley but its close.... I will get this for sure
With that hair I can't imagine a T1 Sarah Connor is far off :lol

10428211_674127249328478_5787431823434788459_o.jpg

This is looking good so far. The likeness needs some work but overall anything Aliens re-vamped is much needed from Hottoys.

Back