1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien

Since when did Hot Toys get the licence for The Fog?

I think she'd look much more accurate if her eyes were a bit bigger.

Maybe...face looks kinda long, I'm not sure if that's because her eyes are too small or what..

When all is said and done she will look wicked cool on my shelf with the Big Chap sneaking up behind her.

Face ain't her but hell, everything else is. Love the clothing, the gun, the motion detector, the cat box... the sleeping cat is a bit silly but its gotta fit in the box I guess.

When all is said and done she will look wicked cool on my shelf with the Big Chap sneaking up behind her.

Face ain't her but hell, everything else is.

True but when you finally acquire Sigourney Weaver's likeness rights after decades of nothing....it's kind of important to get it right. Which they may do on the final figure. If they don't though...well, certainly the Alien version will be an easy pass for me. Aliens version? I might still buy it even if it doesn't end up looking completely like Sigourney if they also make the marines.

That's the way I kind of have my current display set up.

DSC_0154_zps3c329f84.jpg

Honestly, the new HT Ripley is a significant improvement over the Iminime one overall, issues with sculpt (jury is still out for me until we see better pics), hair, and arms aside. Tailoring on the flight suit looks fantastic, and the body proportions look good, as well.

The reveal explosion is hard to keep up with today.

I'm having a real hard time with this sculpt and really undecided about rooted hair. Everything from he neck down look over the top awesome though. The body type looks spot on, great accessories & base and we'll finally get that double-digital watch. Despite that less than impressive sculpt this looks like a must have

That Ripley looks really off for some reason. I mean the HT version not the one above.

I miss the days when Hot Toys would do more than two figures for lines other than Marvel Studios, Batman and Predator :(
Well, the Big Chap came a couple years after Kane and Dallas, so they didn't really plan on doing all that many figures together from Alien, either. They did give us several Aliens Marines, though, and Aliens, as crappy as they were.

Back