1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien

Impressive, but not quite there. Have they really used rubber on the arms?

Look at the elbows on the ALIENS figure (I'm betting they both share the same body).

Of course they're rubber arms! (so far).. :lol

I'm really disappointed with this one; the hair, the arms, & the cat does look weird too. :(

Pretty bummed right now..

See, just took some HQ pics! Those who don't see Weaver, well...there's no changing your mind if these pics don't do it for ya. I'm the first to say if something doesn't look like someone! There've been quite a few protos recently where that was the case. This definitely looks like a young Weaver, and both 1/6 figures will be amazing in their own right!

Jonsey on the other hand... :lol

Of course it looks like her.. folks just exaggerate a lot. :lol

I can't believe I'm saying this.. but I think I'm going to pass on both of them. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Of course it looks like her.. folks just exaggerate a lot. :lol

I can't believe I'm saying this.. but I think I'm going to pass on both of them. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Haha, calm down!!!! :) Take a deep breath and say, "I've got at least a year until this comes out." There's loads of time for this one. I mean, if you pass when they're officially announced with updated pictures, that's totally cool and your call! But it's been a few hours, and these are early stage prototypes! Lots they can fix.

Of course, they're expensive! So if you're not satisfied with them in the least, or you know you just can't stand rooted hair or the likes, then that's understandable. But I'd give it time before writing them off just yet :) Besides, I hate to see a monkey cry...let alone three!

Sorry guys but for such an iconic character this sculpt is way below standard. After finally get the rights to make her they should have nailed the likeness. Jones looks awful too. I think once the dust settles and everyone gets over the wow factor from SDCC everyone will see more sense.

Haha, calm down!!!! :) Take a deep breath and say, "I've got at least a year until this comes out." There's loads of time for this one. I mean, if you pass when they're officially announced with updated pictures, that's totally cool and your call! But it's been a few hours, and these are early stage prototypes! Lots they can fix.

Of course, they're expensive! So if you're not satisfied with them in the least, or you know you just can't stand rooted hair or the likes, then that's understandable. But I'd give it time before writing them off just yet :) Besides, I hate to see a monkey cry...let alone three!
Yeah, normally I'd say 'I know you're right'.. but the choice to use the rubber limbed base body? That suggests to me that they're going with it. The hair is obviously going to be rooted (in Australia, 'rooted' means no good :lol), & that - with the rubber is an absolute deal breaker.

The face is good, & no doubt will get tweaked as mentioned, but yeah - nah.

Sorry guys but for such an iconic character this sculpt is way below standard. After finally get the rights to make her they should have nailed the likeness. Jones looks awful too. I think once the dust settles and everyone gets over the wow factor from SDCC everyone will see more sense.

The pic above says "pending approval from Mrs Sigourney Weaver" so i think some tweaking will occur. In the end, i hope we ALL get something were happy with. YEAH RIGHT! LOL

Below substandard? That's going too far, it looks way better than most crap sculpts i've seen lately that people praise. Its not perfect but they can fix it.

I have faith they'll tweak the sculpt. As of now, it hasn't even been approved by Weaver. It can certainly be much better, but this isn't too bad of a starting point which is how I see it.
Jones will likely be tweaked as well. No way an amateur animal sculpt like that makes it into production. Looks almost like a bad custom job.

The accessories look great, but right now I'm thinking of everything else as a placeholder. They wanted to show us they're making these and they have. Depending on how fast Weaver gives the yay or nay, I don't even think we'll see official specs/pics until later this year. We're talking a prototype of a prototype here. The "no camera" policy, ineffective as it's been, only perpetuates the idea that these were shown purely for license announcement purposes. Beyond generating hype and hope, the figures at SDCC serve no greater purpose.

Below substandard? That's going too far, it looks way better than most crap sculpts i've seen lately that people praise. Its not perfect but they can fix it.
It's actually a great sculpt, & after some tweaks it'll be stupendous.

Goose is just being a goose. :lol

Yeah, normally I'd say 'I know you're right'.. but the choice to use the rubber limbed base body? That suggests to me that they're going with it. The hair is obviously going to be rooted (in Australia, 'rooted' means no good :lol), & that - with the rubber is an absolute deal breaker.

The face is good, & no doubt will get tweaked as mentioned, but yeah - nah.

Well, I guess we'll see with the rubber. I've never had to work with it before. They may go with it, maybe not. I get WHY they would, as it gets rid of unsightly joints; however, if it doesn't last over time, that's never good. As for the hair, I've got Catwoman, and after a quick brush and water/gel, she's been good for well over a year (has it been two already?! I don't even remember!) So I'm not TOO worried about the hair...especially since I'm more keen on the Power Loader Ripley, who will have shorter hair. Yes, there's potential for trouble...but I'm hoping for the best! :)

Maybe I'm too optimistic! That may be so...but alas, she will be mine -- oh yes, she will be mine :lol

If she is your grail piece, or one of, I do hope they tweak her enough or fix certain issues that will allow you to pick her up! Would be quite unfortunate if you had to pass :monkey2

Thanks man. :)

Yeah.. if the body ends up being an exposed jointed plastic body, I could live with the hair for Ripley.

Besides, the ball joints they use sometimes (Sucker Punch girls) aren't unsightly at all - they're actually integrated quite nicely. :huh

Thanks man. :)

Yeah.. if the body ends up being an exposed jointed plastic body, I could live with the hair for Ripley.

Besides, the ball joints they use sometimes (Sucker Punch girls) aren't unsightly at all - they're actually integrated quite nicely. :huh

Worst case scenario, maybe a swap out body? But that's getting way ahead of ourselves! Even when they announce the OFFICIAL prototype things can still change up. Hope it works out on your end one way or another! :1-1:

Back