1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien

first time HT makes a long human face instead of their usual squished from up and down.
aaaand they fail cause that face didn't need it :rotfl

3a82a16e81af.jpg

505e36224e70.jpg

that face would fit A3 role, but that's not young Weaver. MMS117 story.

Exactly what I was thinking. Either the eyes are too small or there is simply too much distance between her eyes and her mouth.

Exactly what I was thinking. Either the eyes are too small or there is simply too much distance between her eyes and her mouth.

Well if a-dev's not happy, I definitely shouldn't be happy.

I think it's both those things tbh. The eyes are the biggest issue for me in trying to eke out a likeness from these pics.

Yeah, you're right. I was thinking of Snyderman's sculpt.

130111091242478512.jpg

It's a bit cartoony in the face proportions, but I see more Ripley in it.
yeah maybe you're right..but the sculpted hair are..meh

She actually looks very "attractive" in the newer pics here. But still, not much Weaver. The mouth looks pretty close I guess.

I know some people are against rooted hair, but HT's rooted hair on females has gotten a lot better. The hair on Ripley doesn't bother me. As for the likeness, judging by the picture, Ripley needs to be approved by weaver herself so she may be a little harder on it than some dude who works at 20th Century Fox.

I know some people are against rooted hair, but HT's rooted hair on females has gotten a lot better. The hair on Ripley doesn't bother me. As for the likeness, judging by the picture, Ripley needs to be approved by weaver herself so she may be a little harder on it than some dude who works at 20th Century Fox.

This makes perfect sense - don't mess with a lady's ego :lol

I see what you guys are saying.. & those comp pics show it pretty well.

Tweaks aplenty it seems..

I hope so, hope she realises by looking at other HT figures that they can achieve more than just a passing resemblance which these sculpts are at best IMO.

I hope so, hope she realises by looking at other HT figures that they can achieve more than just a passing resemblance which these sculpts are at best IMO.

Yea, we'll see. It could be awhile before this goes up for PO so plenty of time to make changes.

Honestly though, why would they use a rubber body for the prototype unless they're going with the idea? :huh

The hair I can get around, & the face will be sorted to some degree surely.. but rubber.. again.

A-dev; you have that Sarah Connor with the rubber arms - didn't you say they've torn at the elbows?

..& whoever used HULK as an example of sturdy use of that limb covering, doesn't get it.

That figure has tree trunk arms with a thick layer of that material over them, & this one has tooth picks, that are gagging to crack.

This and the other Ripley might be the first figures where the rooted hair works really well, and sculpted hair just wouldn't be anywhere near as realistic. The Weaver sculpt seems passable, but there's definitely room for improvement (my first impression was she looked like a drag queen dressed up like Ellen Ripley). I think we can all agree however that the Jonesy the cat sculpt is about the worst thing that's ever been cast in plastic.

Back