1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien

The hair will last forever.
What do you mean by "last"? I don't expect it to deteriorate like rubber, but I'm worried that it will either straighten out or become more curled over time. I don't have any experience with rooted hair and haven't followed any HT figures that contain rooted hair, so this is new territory for me.

first time HT makes a long human face instead of their usual squished from up and down.
aaaand they fail cause that face didn't need it :rotfl

3a82a16e81af.jpg

Thanks for getting two photos side by side .. looks like the headsculpt has slightly too prominent cheek bones, the nose needs to have a slightly narrower profile and the lips are a little too full.. imho, they are not a million miles away from a decent sculpt but it definitely needs work.. the accessories and outfit rock!

I just don't see Ripley in the sculpt at all... if you took away the hair and outfit I'd have a hard time guessing it was supposed to be Sigourney Weaver.

Having said that the rest looks good and if this is what we get I'll still buy and either check out the Snyderman head or hope for another alternative.

My Snyder-Man Ripley (both from Alien & Aliens) is at Johnny Cheungkinmen for painting right now, eager to find out how they match up to this one.

I just don't see Ripley in the sculpt at all... if you took away the hair and outfit I'd have a hard time guessing it was supposed to be Sigourney Weaver.

Having said that the rest looks good and if this is what we get I'll still buy and either check out the Snyderman head or hope for another alternative.

Its the eye and mouth shape. maybe the brows too

Her mouth has slight upturn at either corner and the eyes are more round

The figures eyes looks downturned and a bit sad. Too much hair on top too

first time HT makes a long human face instead of their usual squished from up and down.
aaaand they fail cause that face didn't need it :rotfl

3a82a16e81af.jpg

that face would fit A3 role, but that's not young Weaver. MMS117 story.

Somebody should send this pic to Ms. Weaver for her approval. :lol

My Snyder-Man Ripley (both from Alien & Aliens) is at Johnny Cheungkinmen for painting right now, eager to find out how they match up to this one.

They usually do great work... especially on females. I can't recall if I've seen a really good paint up of their Ripleys yet, but Johnny will certainly make them look their best.

They usually do great work... especially on females. I can't recall if I've seen a really good paint up of their Ripleys yet, but Johnny will certainly make them look their best.

This sculpt looks like it was done by Arnie Kim. Remember Indy? :lol

I see more Daniela Ruah (NCIS LA) in this sculpt than Sigourney Weaver.

I just figured it out - SHE'S GOT NOOMI'S EYES. :panic:

This explains why there's now Shaw yet - this is a two in one!!! :lol

We were SO wrong.. :(

Back