1/6 Hot Toys – MMS355 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

Drax was absolutely lovable in the film. While I don't see myself collecting anyone from the film (I'm mostly prepping up for whatever Ultron merchandise there will be next year as I'm a huge fan of the killer robot), props to those who are getting these guys. :clap

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

And now that we have two potted Groots I can put the dancing one by Drax and the baby one by Rocket :)

did i miss something 2 potted groot? the one from the two pack and the other from?

Drax's face really does look off and needs to show some more aggression or anger.

For a destroyer he does pretty serene. A more determined sculpt would probably be better.

did i miss something 2 potted groot? the one from the two pack and the other from?

Sideshow now have an Exclusive release with a Potted Baby Groot with no arms included with the 2 Pack Rocket and Groot set.

Sideshow now have an Exclusive release with a Potted Baby Groot with no arms included with the 2 Pack Rocket and Groot set.

o thanks just caught that and it is AWESOME!

I think we'll get 1 more exclusive with this set

Rockets Prison Gun :pray:

Wonder if HT is revisiting Drax and doing some modifications on him before revealing him again for PO's? He was the only one seen on display at various cons that didn't look quite "right"....from the solemn expression on the sculpt to the missing traps and flat chest....figure's body needed some bulking up...

Hope they are and that we have something cool to look forward to soon....

Picked up the Hasbro 6" figure of him and...despite the very visual articulation points on the figure (which aren't a bad thing....he's super posable)...it's not a bad figure for the scale. It'll have to do until HT reveals what they're offering....

Wonder if HT is revisiting Drax and doing some modifications on him before revealing him again for PO's? He was the only one seen on display at various cons that didn't look quite "right"....from the solemn expression on the sculpt to the missing traps and flat chest....figure's body needed some bulking up...

Hope they are and that we have something cool to look forward to soon....

Picked up the Hasbro 6" figure of him and...despite the very visual articulation points on the figure (which aren't a bad thing....he's super posable)...it's not a bad figure for the scale. It'll have to do until HT reveals what they're offering....

I certainly hope that is what they are doing! And I bet they are. Really want this guy but not going to pay $200+ if I don't really like it. It'd be a shame :ohbfrank:

Drax is the last member. I hope he goes up for order soon!

I hope they take all the time they need to get this right. It needs major modifications from what we have seen so far. He needs a dead on angry face and he should be bigger more muscular and ripped.

I'm fine with the delay in this going up. I'm hoping that they are reworking the body and head sculpt, because they must know it's not up to snuff. Even if it takes another 1, 2, 3 months or longer, I'd rather them get it right than fast.

Also hope they are planning Nebula and Ronan.

I hope they take their time.... Spring of next year is going to absolutely murder the wallet.

After rewatching the movie over the weekend, I am really hoping they do a laughing sculpt with Drax, something like the DX11 Joker sculpt. I think it would look great with the team display for him to have some character. I'm mostly okay with everything else on him so far. I'm not as picky about unclothed bodies as I figure they are a pain to engineer. I would like it, however, if they added a bit of color to the grey base of his skin. Saw him at SDCC and it just came off flat.

Back