HOT TOYS - DX15 - Batman Returns KEATON BATMAN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always found it funny that the guy who played Mr. Mom would go on to play Batman, twice. But he sure could channel the crazy, for example, Pacific Heights.

I remember thinking it sucked because I wasn't ready for him to play any other character than Batman. Nasty use of a nailgun though!

Keaton was awesome in Desperate Measures as the villain/anti-hero and Multiplicity where he plays 4 different characters :D I just hope he finally makes a new Beetlejuice movie before he gets too old, and the studio makes a crappy reboot or remake with Seth Rogen as Beetlejuice.

Keaton has always been one of my favorite actors. Loved some of his earlier comedies like Gung Ho. I even went to see White Noise, despite the reviews, because he was in it. Was also funny in The Other Guys.

How can I not buy this figure - seriously!!! :slap :lol

I only wanted one black rubber suit Batman, but with 89 Keaton & Jack, a 92 Keaton & Michelle in a detolf will rock pretty damn hard. :rock

Such a great sculpt. I can't decide who I'd be more excited to see next in the line, Catwoman or Penguin.

Man, that sucks. I guess they never saw the criticisms against the DX 09? Hot Toys probably just doesn't care. How hard would it have been to have designed a tool that goes up into the neck cavity? True, having it on the back head is good for people that might break it (it's extremely easy to access and unscrew), but aesthetically, it really is jarring.

Other than that panel though, this figure rocks. That sculpt and profile is the best I've seen from Hot Toys in terms of their Batman figures. I didn't think they could top the DX 09 (probably one of my favorite figures), but I think they have.

After seeing Hot Toy's renditions of Michael J. Fox, Sigourney Weaver and that brillaint Peter Weller sculpt, I hope that A. they include a Bruce Wayne head and B. it does Keaton justice. If it's any thing like their mouthplates (especially this latest one), we should be in for a real treat.

killerstare.PNG

I still think they should've made the PERS accessible through the mouth. Have a metal panel (that is used in tandem with magnets to keep the faceplates attached), or something of that ilk, that is a separate piece from the cowl and can be popped out to allow a tool to control the system. As for the Keaton sculpt, I'd actually be totally okay with them taking some creative liberties and not including the cheek scratch. I'd much rather have it clean so I could find other uses. Though, I still think it'd be amazing if they made a DX 2.0 89 figure with a fabric undersuit, new faceplates, the vault and Wayne and Alfred figures.:lol

Oh it has to come with a Keaton HS because he showed his face not once, but twice in the film, and I don't think this guy comes with as many accessories as the DX09, so the question is not does it come with a HS, but which version, normal or BD. Also, we know they can sculpt the bottom half of his face perfectly and the eyes are also accurate on both figures even with the black paint and the mask, so they just need to get the nose right, and that's pretty much it. He has a very distinctive face, so it shouldn't be too much of a challenge for them. But here's a question, if you have to choose between the bat-wings or the HS, one or the other, which do you guys prefer. I go with the HS, obviously.

Oh it has to come with a Keaton HS because he showed his face not once, but twice in the film, and I don't think this guy comes with as many accessories as the DX09, so the question is not does it come with a HS, but which version, normal or BD. Also, we know they can sculpt the bottom half of his face perfectly and the eyes are also accurate on both figures even with the black paint and the mask, so they just need to get the nose right, and that's pretty much it. He has a very distinctive face, so it shouldn't be too much of a challenge for them. But here's a question, if you have to choose between the bat-wings or the HS, one or the other, which do you guys prefer. I go with the HS, obviously.
Headsculpt...definitely

This is the only figure that I went to look at every day of the Con. LOL.

I. Can't. Wait. For. This! Hot Toys bring it on!!!!

Headsculpt > glider wings

And yeah, Keaton's face is very distinctive. There is a lot of character in his face, from his nose and eyes to those eyebrows. If they can pull off Weller, Keaton should be no problem. After seeing some of these likenesses at comic-con, Hot Toys could potentially hit a Keaton portrait out of the park.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure we only see him sans mask once (at the climax of Returns).

Didn't he take off the cowl in the batcave when he was looking at the Catwoman claw and he said something about her at the end of that scene? For some reason I always remember him without the mask? Maybe I'm thinking of Val Kilmer :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back