HOT TOYS - DX15 - Batman Returns KEATON BATMAN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, I enjoyed his podcasts and look forward to his commentary on Batman and Robin, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and TDKR.

Sure, he's been ripping the movies quite a bit but you can tell he genuinely loves them. No film is perfect. Same with the 60s stuff (that he's merciless on). Though, he is a huge flip flopper. One minute he's crying and loving something, next he's tearing into it. I think it depends on A. who he's doing the podcast with and B. if he's high as ****.

Will it have this head?

140124050911490871.jpg

Cause it better.

I agree no excuse for no Keaton HS this time around..wait and see....:impatient:

Well, there is a moment before Catwoman ***** slaps him where he doesn't have the scratch.

I'd prefer no blood, but I'd be cool with it either way. Look at Amazing Spider-Man. The wounds on the Peter Parker headsculpt would drive me nuts.

While I agree, I don't see why they would do it any differently than how he was in the movie though.
Well,I can't see HT ever doing a Keaton Bruce Wayne.
Including the head and leaving out the cut would give anybody that wants one the opportunity to bash one. :dunno

Well, there is a moment before Catwoman ***** slaps him where he doesn't have the scratch.

I'd prefer no blood, but I'd be cool with it either way. Look at Amazing Spider-Man. The wounds on the Peter Parker headsculpt would drive me nuts.

You can scrape them off pretty easily though.

Well,I can't see HT ever doing a Keaton Bruce Wayne.
Including the head and leaving out the cut would give anybody that wants one the opportunity to bash one. :dunno

That's the cut you meant? Sorry, I thought you were referring to the actual neck cut on the cowl (ripped)

I always thought the Returns cowl design was beautiful, especially if you compare it to the original.

It's funny how the HT DX9 looks better than the actual cowl used in the original film :lol

Just more reason they should've included an unmasked Keaton head with the DX09, even though he never appears in the film with the suit on without the mask. It would've been a great way to get the "clean" Keaton headsculpt done, and then include the Catwoman-scratched unmasked head with the Batman Returns release to give people the maximum options. I doubt they'd include both a scratched and unscratched Keaton head with this one.

Besides, I'm of the opinion that all DXs should come with at least two headsculpts for what you're paying. Whether or not its a character that wears a mask (if no mask, just have an alternate look/expression on the second head).

^^ That's where Steve Jobs got the idea for "his style" :lol

Yup, it wouldn't surprise me if that were actually true. :lol

I read an article a while back where he was trying to create a brand of himself and hired a couple of think tank groups to do just that in the late 80s. It wouldn't surprise me if they all saw Batman and was like, "let's go with that".

Weird stuff.

Just more reason they should've included an unmasked Keaton head with the DX09, even though he never appears in the film with the suit on without the mask. It would've been a great way to get the "clean" Keaton headsculpt done, and then include the Catwoman-scratched unmasked head with the Batman Returns release to give people the maximum options. I doubt they'd include both a scratched and unscratched Keaton head with this one.

Besides, I'm of the opinion that all DXs should come with at least two headsculpts for what you're paying. Whether or not its a character that wears a mask (if no mask, just have an alternate look/expression on the second head).

Well it looks like they love repaints now a days. Look how many times they've used that Iron Man 3 Tony Stark head, or the recent Bank Robber Joker, or Armory/DX 12 Bruce, or the upcoming Gordon.

If this comes with a Bruce Wayne sculpt, I could see them making an idealized version of how he looked in '89 and Returns for this DX 15, then reusing it later on for an armory vault set or something to get maximum mileage out of it. I know people complained when the DX 09 didn't have a Bruce Wayne head, but honestly, I don't think that would have been appropriate since he's never fully unmasked in the film. As for this release, Guardians of the Galaxy Star Lord has multiple heads and they were shown at SDCC, but Returns Batman had nada. In the back of my mind, I'm thinking a barebones release for this Batman could be a possibility.

Then again, they have their attention to detail. They didn't HAVE to include all the Returns gimmicks on the '89 Batmobile, but they did. So obviously they've done their homework.

I know people complained when the DX 09 didn't have a Bruce Wayne head, but honestly, I don't think that would have been appropriate since he's never fully unmasked in the film.

MMS67 came with an unmasked head even though we never see his face unmasked while in the BB suit (in the cave scene in Begins, they escape having to explain or magically erase his racoon eyes by only showing the back of his head when he removes the mask)....besides, MMS67 was technically a TDK figure, not under the BB banner. PLUS it was a freaking MMS not a DX.

For all these reasons, DX09 should've had an unmasked head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back