HOT TOYS - DX15 - Batman Returns KEATON BATMAN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping we'd see the specs up for this figure sdo we can pre order, but the lack of weapons on the figure makes me think they've only just finished this prototype and the the weapons are not yet finished.

Man this figure looks amazing, it really does.

Although my fave is 89, this guy is the pinnacle of what a live action Batman should be; great actor, killer suit, great director / film.

This is the kind of lightning that almost never strikes twice. Looking back at the Nolan films, it's crazy how mental people went for Bale / Heath etc. Begins was the pinnacle - not TDK.

..& no matter what anyone says - that TDK suit is ****ing UGLY.

Even if Affleck shines, Keaton / Burton will always own the top spot for me.

I actually think all the batsuits have been great, from 1989 to 2008. The only one that sucks and is a monstrosity is the silver "Anti-Ice" suit in Batman and Robin. All the others are pretty damn good, I think.

The Dark Knight suit might be a little much for me with all those unnecessary panels, puzzle pants, and rubber bobble head, but the cinematography makes it work. I think it's fine for the motif they were going for (a Knight crossed with a motocross rider). I prefer the Begins, '89 and Returns suits to it, but I still dig it.

Out of all of them, it makes for the best kick ass looking Batman toy. The armor could be worse, it could be like Arkham Knight Iron Bat. :lol

Yeah, I can appreciate the style & aesthetic Nolan envisioned for TDK.. but I'll never like that suit design - ever. :lol

I know the Arkham games are well made & look like great fun, but again.. the suits do little for me. In context they of course work, but I'm not a fan needless to say. :lol

As a collector, this figure is like a dream come true for me.

This and Weta Smaug are my two, must-own items (though I'll probably have to sell my kidney or do something illegal, to fund that dragon statue).

Though Nolan's TDK remains my ultimate comic book movie, I have a very special place in heart, for all things Returns (which I always prefered to the 89, though thats another discussion). Especially that cowl. I know some people are not too keen on the changes made to the armour, but that updated mask, makes this suit for me. I still maintain that in all 75 years of Batman mythos, there hasn't been a single rendition of the Dark Knight - no matter the medium - that looked as good, as sexy, as mysterious and as intimidating, as Keaton did in that Return cowl.

I mean seriously, look at this sexy bastard. In that first photo - that's like the quintessential Batman look to me.

iKiOgqn.jpg

BEvA8nm.jpg

Icufc0p.jpg

OZXY719.png

gDeqFyF.jpg

Out of all of them, the Returns suit does have the best silhouette. The shape and look of the cowl is as close to the Neal Adams looks as you're going to get to live action.

Speaking of Weta and Smaug, in those shots it looks like Batman's cowl was sculpted meticulously by dwarf artisans. Can't find a single flaw in it. The bottom one doesn't even look like rubber.

Come on, let's not compare movie shots (I specifically took ones, I thought looked best), with on-looker snaped set pics.

I can find photos from both TDK and TDKR, where the cowl looks very good in its own way (though not as good as Returns obviously)

You did a great job of finding the most unflattering shots possible :lol But I agree. Keaton looks far cooler in his suit.

I think between all the films, Keaton Batman has the best cowl and (symbol) and cape while Bale Batman has the best gauntlets and utility belt. Bale Batman looks fine as long as he doesn't open his mouth. I know he probably couldn't breathe, but surely it was the most comfortable cowl to wear out of them all?

Keaton never looked like a mouth breather that took a couple of punches to the head. He always looked pissed, never exhausted. So how come Bale does in almost every shot he's in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back