HOT TOYS - DX15 - Batman Returns KEATON BATMAN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, that would be brutal.

But I think Hot Toys knows there's too much demand for this figure to do anything that stupid/cruel.

I think we're looking in the neighborhood of $300, maybe even a little more if there is a Michael Keaton head sculpt with torn cowl. I also think they're going to try and take a stab at the glider wings, but who knows how that'll turn out.

They gotta be articulated. I know they probably won't have them with a mechanism that makes them pop-open (like ShadowWing Batman) but even if you've go to manually slide them open and closed, that's better than just having a wing set as an alternate cape in the permanently "open" position.

As far as the belt goes.

Since Hot Toys gave us a yellow belt with DX 09 (even though their proto had a much darker belt), how about a mustard yellow, gold belt with this Returns one? That way, it pleases both sides, accuracy be damned. Prefer a yellow? Use the DX 09. Want a darker belt? Use the DX 15.

I have multiples of the DX 09, so some swapping around wouldn't be an issue or me. Personally, I prefer a darker belt, BUT I wasn't bothered by the DX 09 one, as bright as it was. It had a nice metallic enamel look to it that I dug. Of anything, as long as the belt is darker than the chest emblem, I haven't got an issue. Unfortunately, that doesn't appear to be the case with this Returns prototype. Who knows though, the final product could be different. Belt color isn't going to make or break whether I get one though.

That's sounds reasonable. Maybe like three different belts with the new figure even. Why not? He's going to be light on gadgets anyway.

Of course it's not going to stop me from buying it, but I definitely don't like it and won't display it until I can figure out what the hell to do about it.

Would it be too farfetched to believe that they'll implement a better way to access PERS?

I'd gladly wait a wile longer if they get rid of that stupid black panel.

That's the other big disappointment for me. This is the cowl that looks friggin awesome on the back of the neck/head.

This was perfect to me,

image.jpg

Hell yeah, I'd settle for that belt. And I guess the panel is ok for the back of 89's head.

$300 sounds a bit steep to me. It'd have to come with quite a few extras to warrant that kind of price tag (not that I wouldn't pay it anyways!). Then again by the time this actually gets released that may actually be the going rate HT is charging. Sighhhhhhh....

If you don't use the back panel, I guess you'd have to use a little stick to access the joystick, right? That's a recipe for endless frustration.

You can also tell the original belt they had in mind functioned like the actual prop (unbuckled at the front middle circle section),

244.jpg

Btmn_0882.jpg

It was weird how they changed it on the final product,

tumblr_m2c33lrmwO1qfkvyy.jpg

I thought we were all in agreement that the Hot Toys representations are not screen accurate?

You have the right to continue believing whatever you want. This debate has been around for a long time, much like religion it can be hard for someone to let go of something they've enjoyed believing since they were 3. You and your expert sources will hardly be the final word on this thing though.

First of all, can we just forget the color for a second? We have to acknowledge that there is something more to the paint(s) than just the base coat. What about the finish? The glossy shine, somewhat reflective, possibly metallic-like glint. It looks different than the lemmon yellow oval on the chest. They obviously react to lighting and camera flashes differently. This is something I view as unarguable. And it is a quality that these HT belts lack. There is no photograph or screencap you can produce where the emblem appears to be gold/brass or even as glossy. To be fair, the Hot Toys belt coloring is SLIGHTLY more complex than it appears. But the difference between it and the emblem is so extremely subtle. It requires very bizarre lighting to get even one different color out of it. Whereas the real belt props could appear at least six different ways very easily.

Oh there's no debate that the belt on the HT figure is not dark enough, but the belt still looks yellow in the film, so if they make the belt dark yellow that would be film accurate. Maybe not real world accurate, but it would be a good representation of the belt as it looked in the film. I think the when they painted the belt for the film they probably used a mixture of colors, and yellow was probably one of them, which explains why it looks bright yellow under certain lighting. Brass by itself doesn't look bright yellow. Maybe they added some brass to it, but in the end the studio made sure it looked yellow, because what WB/DC wants, they get. Oh and my expert source hasn't replied yet...pretty sure I'm not the first person to ask him the same question :lol

Yeah the yellow vs. gold debate is as old as time. I remember me and a friend were getting into it a long time ago. :lol

At this point, I don't even care any more. I got a kick out of Mattel's answer to the problem, they made a yellow belt with gold details and gold accents. Problem solved. :lol

Yeah the yellow vs. gold debate is as old as time. I remember me and a friend were getting into it a long time ago. :lol

At this point, I don't even care any more. I got a kick out of Mattel's answer to the problem, they made a yellow belt with gold details and gold accents. Problem solved. :lol

Theres this thing called lighting. Sometimes color varies slightly.

You can also tell the original belt they had in mind functioned like the actual prop (unbuckled at the front middle circle section),

244.jpg

Btmn_0882.jpg

It was weird how they changed it on the final product,

tumblr_m2c33lrmwO1qfkvyy.jpg

They didn't want it to break easily and have fanboys cluttering their fb page with threats and rants.

It's a shame Anton Furst killed himself. His designs and art for the film were brilliant.

It's sad reading how his world came crashing down.

"After his work on Batman, production designer Anton Furst tried in vain to find some directing work. Contractual obligations kept him from being able to do the work he did on Batman in the sequel. He committed suicide in 1991."

"Furst committed suicide on 24 November 1991. He had separated from his wife and began taking Halcion, a sleeping drug that had been banned in Britain due to its possible side effects of amnesia, paranoia and depression. His drinking also became more of a problem. He was about to check into a rehab in 1992, and told his friends he was going to the car to fetch his cigarettes and jumped off an eighth story parking deck.
He was survived by a daughter, Vanessa King, a son, Nicholas Sergei Furst, his mother, Pamela Furst, and a sister, Jane Wearne.[SUP]"[/SUP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back