Statue Weta Workshop's The Balrog Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keep looking at the photos, and keep warming to this statue. I might have to eat my words. I still lament the choice of pose, but sculpt itself, as well as the overall effect is really impressive.

Here is the JV artwork for anyone who has not seen it. It looks even better in person. Lots of similarities to the statue.
BaneofDurinFB_zps681e6c0a.jpg

Yeah I saw that giclee paper print of that at JV's booth. Looks amazing. I plan to buy the canvas print of his Sauron to put behind my Sauron PF.

After not being able to stop looking at the pics of this, I am now officially eating my own words :) This is an awesome statue. Better than the original in every way other than the pose. Apologies to Jamie Beswarick :)

It's true what they say about the power of first impressions. The first photos I saw of this (including the official one), were rather unflattering and accentuated the awkward part of the pose. But on every pic I saw since, this Balrog looked amazing. Probably won't be able to afford it, due to Smaug coming as well, but it's definitely on my "want" list.

In person it's even better looking. We'll just have to figure out how to get both within the budgets.

Yeah, I've had second thoughts about it as well. After looking at some of Josh's pics I don't have an issue with the sword any longer. I really wouldn't mind adding this to my collection but I'm really tapped on space now especially after Azog & Sauron this year. So unfortunately it's about 99% no for me.

You are practically half way there then :lol

I'll say this: I am glad I passed on a lot of things in the past 4 months or so. These 2 will play a huge part in my upstairs set up. I can't wait.

You are practically half way there then :lol

I'll say this: I am glad I passed on a lot of things in the past 4 months or so. These 2 will play a huge part in my upstairs set up. I can't wait.

I know. I've been saving up just for something like this or Smaug. Whichever goes up first. :lol I also have a 10% off Weta card from SDCC I can use in conjunction if they go up in the next 2 weeks.

I'm definitely getting both Smaug and Balrog. Had to pass on Azog, but that's the great thing about collecting, there's always something else and these two fit better in my ME collection. There should also be a good amount of Weta points to get as well. I'm glad there was nothing else I was truly interested in from the con this year.

10% off card? I didn't get one of those from the booth! Glad I'll have plenty of time to save, only needing a preuathorization for the preorders which I imagine will go up close to each other. Not going to really get much of anything besides one or two other statues in the next 6 months, so should be able to save for both this and Smaug with relative ease.

In person it's even better looking. We'll just have to figure out how to get both within the budgets.

If you could only have one (either the original daddy Rog or the new one) which would it be and why? Because even looking at your SDCC pics, I think I would prefer the original mainly because of the pose/overall look. Keeping in mind this is based on pictures of both only because I have never owned the original.

Back