Statue Weta Workshop's The Balrog Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking at the info from the newsletter we already new he was 21" tall with the base length at 17.5". Just a massive piece.

Looking at the info from the newsletter we already new he was 21" tall with the base length at 17.5". Just a massive piece with most likely a massive price and for a Weta piece a Massive ES.

Corrected for accuracy. Will order when in stock

Corrected for accuracy. Will order when in stock

His price is going to be exspensive but that isn't a shock. I don't consider 1500 a massive ES especially since its only 500 more than the Original Blarog. :dunno

Are you gonna wait to order when in-stock to build up Weta Dollars from other stuff?

His price is going to be exspensive but that isn't a shock. I don't consider 1500 a massive ES especially since its only 500 more than the Original Blarog. :dunno

Are you gonna wait to order when in-stock to build up Weta Dollars from other stuff?
Yeah looked that up a little while ago when this whole topic started getting hot Lol. It's only 500 more and this sculpt looks ridiculously amazing

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Not really but there is no sense for me at least in buying/preorder something that is not gonna sell out to have money for a week to ten days taken out of my bank account. Now if this had a flex pay I would probably preorder it in a heartbeat

Yeah looked that up a little while ago when this whole topic started getting hot Lol. It's only 500 more and this sculpt looks ridiculously amazing

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

It's a fantastic piece as I've said before. It really takes everything that is great about the Original Balrog and makes it bigger.

Not really but there is no sense for me at least in buying/preorder something that is not gonna sell out to have money for a week to ten days taken out of my bank account. Now if this had a flex pay I would probably preorder it in a heartbeat

Got ya.

Its my opinion im not blind lol

We now know your opinion that they don't. I think a fair amount of us will disagree. Probably no need to remind us again that you don't care for what Weta does. There are plenty of SS PF threads floating around here.

In the end I think the SS PF's are really quite impressive but so are the statues Weta has turned out. For me as a long time fan of Middle-earth and both companies I couldn't be more pleased with the options.

Apples and oranges. I guess the limiting factor would be scale, but I try not to limit myself when collecting otherwise you might miss out on some great pieces.

Agreed 100%. Its quite hard to compare overall impressiveness between the two licenses, since size is always a factor.

Back