Jumbo Joe's from Gentle Giant confirmed!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't care about them replicating the cards. They'd probably just use the crappy 25th anniversary art anyway. Duplicating the figures is more than enough for me.

I want cards too but I want them to use the original artwork. I don't want to see the 25th artwork. I think a lot of the original artwork is gone or in the hands of private collectors.

my mind is blown with these coming and the potential of many characters getting made.at $70-80 a pop,I'll be picking and choosing,though it could take years till we get through 1983-85 (the best joe years)
Holy Bat **** i almost missed this, yes, yes take my money :panic:

Have you guys seen how many they have done for Star Wars already, **** im gonna be broke forever whoop whoop

Well, it's not like you are spending money on Sideshow Joes. :dunno
Yip especially this year, but im selling off my 1/6 Joes to a good home, so.

But i still have Marvel 1/6 and Street Fighter 1/6 and Mortal Kombat 1/6 and now Gentle Giant Jumbo Joes.
And here i was thinking this year i was gonna grow up, haha take that life.

I don't care about them replicating the cards. They'd probably just use the crappy 25th anniversary art anyway. Duplicating the figures is more than enough for me.
:thud: Dont say things like that, no to crappy 25th art, just say no :lecture

And now i hear 1/6 Mortal Kombat and He Man by Popculture Shock, must be a lie, must be.

This was a great idea from Gentle giant, The kid in me is all giddy:blissy

I was hunting down a few old favorite joes earlier this year from the 80's line, managed to get a swivel arm battle grip grunt, sgt slaughter, big boa, quick kick, torch, buzzsaw, monkey wrench, and road pig. I wanted some more but lost steam with ebay prices. These will fit the bill very nicely:)

The first figure they will release will be in the footlocker but after that they will be releasing the figures in single carded packaging.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are there pics of these? Because that's the major draw for me... I LOVED the '80s card art. I really hope these are accurate reproductions, too (the 25th style card art was not, in many cases).

I'm all n for the card art, but that kind of puts me in a situation. Do you leave them carded? Or take them out? Buying doubles doesn't seem reasonable at $100 a pop. Maybe the figure can be opened and taken off the card without damaging the card?

Are there pics of these? Because that's the major draw for me... I LOVED the '80s card art. I really hope these are accurate reproductions, too (the 25th style card art was not, in many cases).

No pics of carded figures but I do hope we get the original card art from the 80's. V1 Snake Eyes in a big carded package will surely be awesome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm telling you, the only way we get any original card art is if Hasbro still has any of the originals left. Most of them are gone so it's not going to be original unless GG can take some high res pics of carded figures in someone's collection and photoshop them.

Did you guys know that for figures and vehicles in the Tiger Force, Slaughter's Marauders and Python Patrol, Hasbro took the original artwork for those and painted over them in the new color schemes? That's why the 25th line had artwork that was redone and didn't look quite right.

Yea I remember reading about that when Hasbro was putting together the 1997 line. Just another reason why those repaint sublines suck.

I'm telling you, the only way we get any original card art is if Hasbro still has any of the originals left. Most of them are gone so it's not going to be original unless GG can take some high res pics of carded figures in someone's collection and photoshop them.

Did you guys know that for figures and vehicles in the Tiger Force, Slaughter's Marauders and Python Patrol, Hasbro took the original artwork for those and painted over them in the new color schemes? That's why the 25th line had artwork that was redone and didn't look quite right.

Shocking Hasbro would do this with their own line brand. You'd think they would have kept such promotional art in their archives for reference and future re-issues. Sadly, close doesn't cut it on the 25th anniversary card art.

I do remember when someone on ebay was selling CD's with original card art templates a while back. Might have been worth getting. Not sure if those were just scans of opened cards and retouched in photoshop though.

Back