Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Figures from Episode I-VII + New Interviews

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Scale Figures from Episode I - VII Announcemen

Sideshow Alex was quoted from another board saying that Sideshow still had their license.

Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Scale Figures from Episode I - VII Announcemen

I do not see the Hot Toys thing as a takeover either. I think Hot Toys will revisit some past Sideshow releases such as Han Solo, Luke Tatooine, Lando, Emperor, etc, etc. It is time for those to be revisited and Sideshow may not want to do that. This is going to be a massive year for Star Wars collecting. I am excited!

I hung up the Star Wars hat long ago with it, it is nice to return. The only releases in the last few years I purchased were Boba Fett and Vader 2.0. This year I already have R2 and Jango on preorder, and I most definitely will order Xwing Luke and Biker Scout.

10496217_685555821528656_8962311835264617803_o.jpg
I wonder if well see any reveals on ANICONs HTxSW booth tomorrow

That's actually the gateway to the abyss.

Once you go in, there's no return. :lol

Too mind blowing for words.

No matter which company makes Chewbacca first there is going to be a TON of criticism!
99.9% will come from this forum alone.
I'm sure SSC and HT are both trying to figure out a way to produce him.
Neither way will make the fans 100% happy.
I'd hate to be the first to roll him out.

No matter which company makes Chewbacca first there is going to be a TON of criticism!
99.9% will come from this forum alone.
I'm sure SSC and HT are both trying to figure out a way to produce him.
Neither way will make the fans 100% happy.
I'd hate to be the first to roll him out.

That is why I might possibly seek a commissioned / haired version, I really do not think a mass produced version would be satisfactory.... I could be wrong.

Trafford; who was that in response to? :lol

Anyway, as long as they use reference pics from the OT - & SCULPT the damn thing, no worries.

Any referencing of Sasquatch ROTS Harrybacca & aspirations of an impeccably executed mass produced plush toy, are destined for ridicule. :lol

I think Disney is just opening the gates. Look at all the 1/12 homies coming out, Hasbro, Medicom, Bandai is even Figma? Everyone has been releasing their properties for others to capitalise on or are trying to find ownership to do so. They know how much we are willing to pay for it. We are suckers, well I am...

What Hot Toys releases revealed before the movie? Has GotG been the earliest? These guys came out of nowhere, so I gotta think they've been developing their movie relations, and the next SW Hot Toy could be based around the new movies. Imagine if they could release it with the movie.

If they do a sculpted Chewbacca I'd probably get one and send it to Rory so he can cut it up and stick lambs hair all over it. I bet he'd be well up for that, after doing all those Joker heads.
.:lol

I think Disney is just opening the gates. Look at all the 1/12 homies coming out, Hasbro, Medicom, Bandai is even Figma? Everyone has been releasing their properties for others to capitalise on or are trying to find ownership to do so. They know how much we are willing to pay for it. We are suckers, well I am...

Question: What Hot Toys releases have been revealed before the movie? Has GotG been the earliest showing of toys before a movie (especially this complete)? These guys came out of nowhere, so I gotta think they've been developing their movie relations, and the new SW Hot Toys could be focused around the new movies. Imagine if they could release it with the movie.

Question: What Hot Toys releases have been revealed before the movie? Has GotG been the earliest showing of toys before a movie (especially this complete)? These guys came out of nowhere, so I gotta think they've been developing their movie relations, and the new SW Hot Toys could be focused around the new movies. Imagine if they could release it with the movie.

I am excited about new movies as anyone but honestly I want Smuggler Han and Jedi Luke versus Grandpa Han and Grandpa Luke

Just atleast give us bespin han in DX form hahha!

I just noticed 1/4 included as well. Hmmm,... things will be much slower.

(dumb edit/reply double post!)

Hey atleast some collectors will have time to save for all this awesome items coming up :lol

What Hot Toys releases revealed before the movie? Has GotG been the earliest? These guys came out of nowhere, so I gotta think they've been developing their movie relations, and the next SW Hot Toy could be based around the new movies. Imagine if they could release it with the movie.

dosn't work. it would be in violation of Hasbro's exclusive license the JUST renegotiated a few months ago.

Back