Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Figures from Episode I-VII + New Interviews

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Scale Figures from Episode I - VII Announcemen

I think people are jumping the gun definitely.

Sideshow really needs to get ahead of this in order to prevent mass hysteria.

dogs-and-cats-living-together.png

:lol :goodpost::exactly:

Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Scale Figures from Episode I - VII Announcemen

people may come back down to Earth once they realize HT's 1:6 Vader is going to be $350- $400 alone, or $750 -$850 with full scale Meditation chamber

If its completely accurate (and in scale!) I am sure many collectors would buy a Vader for that price.

Still really amped about the Imperial Probe Droid coming in August. Hope SSC continues to take risks like that. They should probably abandon humans altogether, though. Pretty sure this forum will be a gong show once production photos of Hoth Luke and Han come out.

people may come back down to Earth and not jump off the SSC Ship once they realize HT's 1:6 Vader is going to be $350- $400 alone, or $750 -$850 with full scale Meditation chamber. 1:6 scale C-3P0 from them will be at least $400. Stormies at least $250 for a basic, etc.

I do want a HT stormie, though. Aint gonna lie.
I'm OK W/HT pricing so long as the quality is there. I think Vader if released by HT today would be ~$300.00 w/no or few accessories. As much as I like the Deluxe, I'd rather SSC hadn't included so much extraneous stuff and just focused on an as accurate as possible Vader, even if meant the same price w/nothing extra.

I'm hoping for HT to just stick to human characters and SS to continue with Aliens, Troopers, etc. I have been very happy with what SS has produced in the last couple of years.

Then they should have paid more attention to what their market wants then their pace.

If you want to look at in the way of primary characters then sure they have done that but Star Wars is a line that is fortunate to have a fan base that extends so far beyond said primary characters it's almost unheard of in any other licensed product situation. Sideshow has neglected that market. It's that kind of attention that this line has needed and has not gotten in a long time....a long time.

You didn't hear; HT only has the license for alien and robot likenesses. Sideshow retains all human likenesses.

Crap. No I didn't hear that. Just hearing about anything of this.

Oh well that sucks. Going over to the HT Alien/Aliens board and admire me some Ripley

Explains the massive push by SSC. Guess they are getting out what they can.

HT: I will take one ANH Obi-Wan please. If I can only have one that would be it.

Tap'd from my LG G2

I'm kind of indifferent to this. I've been more than happy with most of the recent Sideshow Star Wars releases. While it will be great to get some updates of some of the older Sideshow releases, most of my most wanted releases are ones I can't imagine Hot Toys doing any time soon if ever.

HT is going balls out: Star Wars, BTTF, Alien....

Indeed.. my concern is that with the regular delays in actually releasing the current figure schedule, unless HT have already planned very significant improvements in production capacity, to handle one of the biggest licenses available, with a new Star Wars trilogy starting in 2015.. this could actually become a serious problem, in fairly short order.

Well, you know, just because we see something from HT at SDCC doesn't mean you ever get to touch it.

You didn't hear; HT only has the license for alien and robot likenesses. Sideshow retains all human likenesses.

Actually SSC still gets to do plastic aliens. HT will handle all the rubber ones. Whew!

Great announcement! However, the rollout on these figures is going to take quite a long time.

Actually SSC still gets to do plastic aliens. HT will handle all the rubber ones. Whew!

I heard Chewie is going to have real fur..... I also heard that the hair is held in place with the exact same rubber blend that was used on the stomach of the DX02 Batman. True story. :lecture

HT will never delve into the line like Sideshow did. Sideshow really covered alot of ground for lesser characters. I imagine HT will focus on the main characters, with some fan favorites and the occassional oddball that has real appeal overseas. Don't expect B'Omarr Monks or even Greedo redux.

Cancelled Sideshow Jango and R2.
:lol

I waved Jango as soon as I saw the wonky proto pics. :huh :lol

:lol :lol :lol

SSC' human likenesses are bordering on the alien side anyway, so what's the difference. :monkey4

BYE BYE Sideshow thank god!

Back