Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Figures from Episode I-VII + New Interviews

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Scale Figures from Episode I - VII Announcemen

Bend over guys, how do you want it?

Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Scale Figures from Episode I - VII Announcemen

10580117_674122675995602_7632758710205605870_n.jpg

Oh my god... Such a display would not be made without something to show! So stoked!

Oh my god... Such a display would not be made without something to show! So stoked!

One can hope.....taking it further the display is OT characters so we can hope the same would be for show.....

That's what she said.

With Hot Toys taking over the 1/6 license I am very excited about the prospect of correct human likenesses, and potential of large scale vehicles!

I think we are all waiting to see what they do with the license, but I am sure that their focus will be on the new films with sprinkles of OT characters. Either way all good news for us OT collectors!

With Hot Toys taking over the 1/6 license I am very excited about the prospect of correct human likenesses, and potential of large scale vehicles!

I think we are all waiting to see what they do with the license, but I am sure that their focus will be on the new films with sprinkles of OT characters. Either way all good news for us OT collectors!

I refrained from MANY Sideshow releases, particularly the human likenesses. the DX Luke gave me hope of more, which furthered my restraint. I hope Hot Toys comes out with all the hero human characters! A lot of people keep mentioning Vader... I doubt it would be among the first releases.

Disney has unleashed. This is huge!
Hot Toys have all the time in the world to do these.

I would love it if their first announcement was Chewbacca. What a way to thumb their nose at SSC

Has anyone ever stopped to consider that Hot Toys and Sideshow might actually be working together? Sideshow knew they couldnt do Chewie justice so they are working with Sideshow to get him and other challenging products out. Just because HT has the licence, dosent mean they will retread the groung Sideshow has travelled.

[...]Stormies at least $250 for a basic, etc.

I do want a HT stormie, though. Aint gonna lie.

I want two HT stormtroopers. Already sold. Provided they produce what I think they can.

Has anyone ever stopped to consider that Hot Toys and Sideshow might actually be working together? Sideshow knew they couldnt do Chewie justice so they are working with Sideshow to get him and other challenging products out. Just because HT has the licence, dosent mean they will retread the groung Sideshow has travelled.

Good point.........do we know for 100% either way?

if hot toys was taking over completely then sideshow prob. would not have released all of these figures this year if they were losing the licence.

if hot toys was taking over completely then sideshow prob. would not have released all of these figures this year if they were losing the licence.

Sure they did. THis was them shooting their wad while they still could.

This is awesome news.

I find it funny people are saying HT won't go deep in to this line, because they dont for anything else.

They have never had a line like SW.

All 3 Ironman movies- after all the Ironmen, War Machines, Iron Monger, whats left? nothing. It's why they are milking IM himself.

Avengers- after the team and an alien, there's nothing to go further. People in suits? Fun.

SW has 37 years of amazing designs, background characters that people WANT to know everything about. It's gonna be held up by the new movies, but I believe they are going to go hog wild with this and I can't wait.

The go deep if there are a number of main characters... Avengers being one that just had a lot. And certainly there's a lot of breadth to how many IM armors they've offered, but that seems to be more of a mission.

What's different about SW is while people love the oddball characters, they are not as willing to drop $200-$300 on one. And I just don't see HT going that far into the catalog when they tend to focus on big money characters and even re-releasing the big money ones ad nauseam. I mean already we've gotten 4 (counting the new one) versions of Robocop, 2 ED-209s but no **** Jones or Boddicker. They have released most of the Nolan Batman main characters... but that was over a long time intersperesed with about 12 Jokers and Batman variants.

I guess time will tell and if we get a 3rd string figure like Walrusman early on I'll be more optimistic about how deep into the series they'll go. But for now I'm predicting heavy hitters and troops only.

Yeah if the new movies are successful, we'll see a slew of releases.

If the new movies aren't successful.. maybe not as much.

If... ****, there is no if. It's Star Wars, they could be the worst movies of all time and even OT preferists like me will still see each one at least twice in the theater and grumble when I buy the Blu Ray wondering what I was thinking :lol They won't just be successful, they will be massively successful.

I'm just hoping they're actually good... fingers crossed :lol

Yep, I've considered and said it a few times already. Although I think HT will retread and give us the heavy hitters like ANH Luke, Bespin Han, Vader. What I don't think they'll do is direct competition with Sideshow. I think they will likely work together and continue to distribute one another's figures.

but I don't think there taking it over I believe they are working together since star wars is so big they share there wad with them

I thought I read earlier the SS Rep that comes to the boards confirmed they still have the license.? It'll be some sort of partnership I am certain as I doubt they want to compete on the same figures. SS gets new figures , HT does remakes and complicated figures i.e.Chewie. All a guess that was the talk when Dx Luke was announced but to date I don't think anything is confirmed

Back