Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Figures from Episode I-VII + New Interviews

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Scale Figures from Episode I - VII Announcemen

I would just start saving $$$ now... ;)
It's ridiculous how much stuff has been announced over the last week that I want. Really going to have re-think the lines I'm in and cut out the non-essential stuff.

Last edited:
Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Scale Figures from Episode I - VII Announcemen

Snowspeeders seem to be pretty close in size to the Bat. I wonder if we'll see a string of 1/12 SW vehicles from them?

With Hot Toys we'll likely see a 1:6 X-Wing, TIE Fighter, Snowspeeder, AT-ST and who knows I wouldn't be surprised to see them do a 1:6 Millenium Falcon!

uhh........

PER SIDESHOW!

This announcment in NO WAY affects their Star Wars related products.

I just spoke with one of their reps via telephone. How true this is.......i have no idea. THey are claiming that they knew and that this will not affect their releases.

Wouldn't surprise me if we see ESB Vader first to go with Luke .
I'll still get any ss figs that I like along with 2 or 3 select HT figures.
Hoping someone does Jedi/Endor Luke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snowspeeders seem to be pretty close in size to the Bat. I wonder if we'll see a string of 1/12 SW vehicles from them?
This was my hope, as well. I'd love 1:12 TIE Fighters and the Falcon. Probably I'd be good with those. Maybe a Slave I, too, actually. :D

maybe this would explain the 2014 sudden explosion of Sideshow Star Wars figures. They really have been announcing a ton of SW's figures this year. I'm sure they knew this was coming.

Great news. No wonder SS has been stepping on the gas. Really just interested in the human figs from HT and a real fur Chewbacca. SS can handle the clones, droids and non-human aliens.

Short list for me is:
Ep II Anakin (hopefully it will be shown)
Real Fur Chewbacca
Bespin Han
Bespin Leia
Bespin Lando
Farmboy and Jedi Luke
Arena Padme
Qui-Gon
Ep III Obi-Wan
Ep II Obi-Wan
Ep III Anakin
Dooku
Emperor

Last edited:

I would just start saving $$$ now... ;)

I've already begun saving up for hopefully an Iron Man-like bombardment of Star Wars figures from Hot Toys. Already cancelled tons of Sideshow Star Wars figures.

1:12 scale?
Yawn!
Who'd want that?
Yeah they'd look great next to a 1:6 scale figure!
Fail and pass!

Sideshow is just hastening stuff they've had in development for several years including the Speeder Bike and the Landspeeder. With Hot Toys we'll likely see a 1:6 X-Wing, TIE Fighter, Snowspeeder, AT-ST and who knows I wouldn't be surprised to see them do a 1:6 Millenium Falcon!

Vehicles are a lock, I have a feeling seeing things like the Helicarrier or The Bat, we'll get larger pieces scaled down and model like.

PER SIDESHOW!

I just spoke with one of their reps via telephone. How true this is.......i have no idea. THey are claiming that they knew and that this will not affect their releases.

Honestly a Sideshow rep isn't going to say "Oh yeah this completely ****s our license" right before SDCC. The SSC reps will tow the line and not give any inkling of anything changing until it has to become public knowledge as any other company would. Nothing could change or everything could, we won't know from SSC officially until they have to tell us. Look at other lines that just "faded" away. If and this is a big IF SSC actually lost the license it would go out quietly but I suspect that both of them have licenses and they'll be making things concurrently until either SSC tosses in the towel or HT gets bored and moves on.

Wouldn't surprise me if we see ESB Vader first to go with Luke .
I'll still get any ss figs that I like along with 2 or 3 select HT figures.
Hoping someone does Jedi/Endor Luke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wouldn't be shocked if they did an ROTJ Vader and has us waiting for either a Jedi Luke or an ESB Vader while they do a Jar-Jar figure :lol

maybe this would explain the 2014 sudden explosion of Sideshow Star Wars figures. They really have been announcing a ton of SW's figures this year. I'm sure they knew this was coming.

Either that or they were caught off guard a bit and they are "liquidating" as quick as possible to get as many people to order before HT announces their first one. If HT does Luke for example, it doesn't matter what Luke SSC would do there'd be immediate comparisons and people saying they'd just wait until HT did it. It makes sense for SSC to get out what they can while they are the only party in town.

We're gonna keep hearing this, and hearing this.... until HT previews its next figure, and then it will be, "well I caved and...."

Yeah, I'll definitely plan to replace most of my key figures... not as sure about Vader, but I'm sure I'll be sucked into my 3rd as well :lol But again I think the more fringe guys are safe as we'll never see HT bother with them.

I'd love to see HT make a screen accurate Bossk instead of the hyper detailed idealized version released by Sideshow.

Really, I thought Bossk was great... sure a more accurate head would be cool but I'm still very pleased with what we got. And the outfit on him is one of the best.

It's not part of their announcement... but seems like it could happen. I'd be very interested in a line like that.

PER SIDESHOW!

I'd guess very true... wouldn't be surprised if they were aware and even had some hand in this happening. If they continue to distrbute for HT then they get a cut of all of this as well, so a win-win especially if HT just releases figures they've already done.

Sideshow usually has a big push this time of year, I can't remember numbers for each year but 4 figures and a vehicle sounds about right :huh

1:12 scale?
Yawn!
Who'd want that?
Yeah they'd look great next to a 1:6 scale figure!
Fail and pass!
I would and it's not a fail, at all. 1:6 ships are never going to happen. Generally I don't like mixing scales but ships in 1:12 could look really great on display (e.g., Boba Fett displayed with a 1:12 Slave 1). I'd be down for that and guessing so would a lot of collectors. :D

What this means to me most is that I'm probably never going to get a Walrusman.

I think Sideshow will continue to do characters like this.

Two-pack please! :rock

childanakin.jpg

Can we have mods banned? :monkey3

Welp, there goes the SW section again.... :(

:lol

Dang, you not happy with the announcement, FLOSI? Thought you were a proponent of HT SW?

He loves the idea, probably just not the thought of all the upcoming HT threads and fanboys.

Heh, at least we'll FINALLY get a goddamn Chewie.

Heh, at least we'll FINALLY get a goddamn Chewie.

Yes, everyone is overlooking this point. HT has the balls to do it, even if it doesn't work out so well or falls apart after a year.

Back