Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Figures from Episode I-VII + New Interviews

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Scale Figures from Episode I - VII Announcemen

I remember around the time LFL jettisoned the Expanded Universe (let me say that again "jettisoned the Expanded Universe") they also made clear the marketing push would shift towards the OT and Sequel Trilogy.

Jettisoned. Heh.

Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Scale Figures from Episode I - VII Announcemen

Theres really nothing else to say that hasnt already been said already. Star wars is my favorite property by far, so needless to say this news is mind blowing! It truly has been a wonderful week to be a star wars fan. To me, this type of news is mainly a win for star wars fans in general and thats what we should be celebrating. More star wars awesomeness, hell fricking yes!

I just want a 1/6 Natalie Portman!

Yes, I'd be totally find if HT completely avoided the PT. But I'm sure they'll do a ROTS Anakin and Maul fairly early on. Might take a bit longer to get a PT Kenobi, but I'm sure he's in the pipeline as well.

I'd say I'm most interested in the following from HT:
ANH Luke
ANH Han
ANH Leia
Chewbacca (preference towards ANH look, but I'd take the more combed ROTJ)
Bespin Han
Bespin Leia
ROTJ Luke, especially if they also give us the Poncho look

Excellent list! I'd buy every one of those.

War between Sideshow and Hot Toys!!!!!

WAR!!!!

Correction. They are in this together. Sideshow is the "General" and Hot Toys is the "Foot Soldier". So when the General says "NO! I will not distribute that if it jeopardise my sale. NO!".

Sideshow is now an "Empire". And they will crush any rebellion that will gets in there way. :)

SSAlex confirmed they still have the license.

I'm glad to hear that. I've enjoyed collecting Sideshow Star Wars figures since they started with them. While some of the Sideshow figures that I consider favorites in my collection would get me laughed out of here if I mentioned them, they are figures I still enjoy having and won't get rid of just because Hot Toys is going to make more of their own

There's plenty Sideshow has recently announced I'm really looking forward to and some of the recent releases have been simply amazing (still can't get over how great Grievous turned out....everything, from the figure itself to the the packaging and presentation is just fantastic).

Hot Toys will have their fair share of hits and misses...the one thing that will be consistent is the rising prices...their offerings are going to be very expensive, we can be sure....

And as many others have pointed out, it won't be surprising if the focus from HT isn't the new films...expect a "Guardians of the Galaxy" slam when the new movie hits of 5 or 6 figures with maybe a classic character thrown in the mix...

I don't know....I'm almost thinking that Hot Toys producing more stuff from what has been my primary focus on figure collecting may actually slow down for me...it may be a case of "too much of a good thing"....

We'll see....

I'm glad to hear that. I've enjoyed collecting Sideshow Star Wars figures since they started with them. While some of the Sideshow figures that I consider favorites in my collection would get me laughed out of here if I mentioned them, they are figures I still enjoy having and won't get rid of just because Hot Toys is going to make more of their own

There's plenty Sideshow has recently announced I'm really looking forward to and some of the recent releases have been simply amazing (still can't get over how great Grievous turned out....everything, from the figure itself to the the packaging and presentation is just fantastic).

Hot Toys will have their fair share of hits and misses...the one thing that will be consistent is the rising prices...their offerings are going to be very expensive, we can be sure....

And as many others have pointed out, it won't be surprising if the focus from HT isn't the new films...expect a "Guardians of the Galaxy" slam when the new movie hits of 5 or 6 figures with maybe a classic character thrown in the mix...

I don't know....I'm almost thinking that Hot Toys producing more stuff from what has been my primary focus on figure collecting may actually slow down for me...it may be a case of "too much of a good thing"....

We'll see....

Funny you should mention that...because now Sideshow can help HT out with the Marvel 1/6 license.

Well played Sideshow, well played :clap

And your spot on about the Grievous btw!

We'll see....

Well said jedibear. :clap:clap:clap

Time to bring some reality back to this thread.

Yes SS has the license still

It was kind of know that Medicoms license was coming up. Disney may have urged Hasbro to lease it to HT but Disney would not have control of this Hasbro still has the rights.

HT NEVER had a SW license before this.

HT will not be able to just do what they want and its highly unlikely there will be any direct competition between SS and HT, Lucasfilms still has 100% control of what gets released and what doesn't get released.

Its unlikely that HT will have anything to show at SDCC unless they have had the license for quite some time in kept this under wraps and have figures already in the approval process as they must make it though initial approvals before ever being shown to public.

Ok now back to the crazy ideas and accusations.

My prediction: HT will focus on named characters like Luke, Han, and Leia, with a big push for VII. Sideshow will keep giving us troopers, secondary characters, niche variants of the main characters, environments, vehicles, and Rebels figures.

Its unlikely that HT will have anything to show at SDCC unless they have had the license for quite some time in kept this under wraps and have figures already in the approval process as they must make it though initial approvals before ever being shown to public.

Hot Toys knows this hobby and they know collectors make decisions months in advance. I imagine they will have something from Star Wars at SDCC.

Also consider the ships of Star Wars are practically characters. HT could produce ships and not be in direct competition with Sideshow.

We'll see....

Well said... this is not the end for Sideshow but certainly a chance for some of the older figures to get a new version. I'm pretty excited about both Sideshow and HT bringing us figures :rock :rock

Well said... this is not the end for Sideshow but certainly a chance for some of the older figures to get a new version. I'm pretty excited about both Sideshow and HT bringing us figures :rock :rock

I was getting worried for a moment. oh no start over cant afford this

Back