Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Figures from Episode I-VII + New Interviews

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Scale Figures from Episode I - VII Announcemen

Yep, HT does not usually go deep in a series... and sometimes even major characters (especially villains) never get released. I think Sideshow and Hot Toys will both be able to maintain the license and keep fans happy.

I think people will be constantly second guessing whether a HT version will be coming down the pike and likely skip Sideshow versions. Minor characters are definitely safe for Sideshow to do, and the heroes are also safe to think HT will tackle. But those middle characters that can go either way? Would HT do an old Ben? That's not as definite as an HT Luke or Han is. Or will HT do an X-Wing Luke, or just Farmboy and Jedi Luke?

Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Scale Figures from Episode I - VII Announcemen

My only REAL wants from hot toys, are a ROTS anakin, a chewie, a Slave leia, and a ROTJ All inclusive luke skywalker.

Everything else, i'm content with Sideshow for. So i'm not too crazy about getting everything they make. Now, if they limit themselves to 1-2 SW figures a year at a premium price point, then i might go for more. but if we get a crazy deluge of figures, too fast to get all of, then they can keep them and their insane price points :lol Anyone else got a list like mine of things they will 100% buy if sideshow makes?

I'm 100% in on a Bespin Han. HT Chewie and Hoth/Bespin Leia are also instant buys. All other Han variations are maybe 95%. Maybe HT Vader--but I'd really have to see how good it is. Everything else I'm happy with, especially in light of the latest Sideshow reveals.

I hope HT work on core characters that fans have wanted forever. I'll buy both, just collect what I like, just like always.

Ha! First Sideshow bails on Joe now Hot Toys snubs the licensing from them! Looks like Sideshow doesn't like $$$. Their loss!

At least we won't be getting Cloned. :lol

Nah, don't give up. Seriously - I think SSC will get to him, & all this announcement means right now, is that there's one more option for SW figures.

Both companies have upped their prices significantly and it's been awhile since Sideshow's released a good cantina style alien/minor character. With their upped prices, I'm concerned they might not think Walrusman is worth putting out anymore.

I am hoping for a Hot Toys Hoth Leia, though.

I think people will be constantly second guessing whether a HT version will be coming down the pike and likely skip Sideshow versions. Minor characters are definitely safe for Sideshow to do, and the heroes are also safe to think HT will tackle. But those middle characters that can go either way? Would HT do an old Ben? That's not as definite as an HT Luke or Han is. Or will HT do an X-Wing Luke, or just Farmboy and Jedi Luke?

I could see second guessing releases being a factor.... but really even with something like the Scout Trooper that is coming. Sure HT may eventually do that, but it will probably be 5 years from now. I don't think Sideshow will revisit older releases with a v2 (which they never do anyway) and that leaves it up to HT to easily release what they want without fear of confusion with consumers.

Wow, a lot to take in. I am primarily excited about this and really hope to upgrade some key characters. I've been pretty happy with customizing older Sideshow figures into better versions, but honestly there is only so much you can do with some of the material. To have a top notch ANH crew, Bespin Han and some others is a dream come true.

But on the other hand a bit worried about what to do with my current collection. I don't need doubles so I'll probably have to sell some stuff and I'll probably be lucky to break even. And of course HT will likely bump up their base price to $225 or more per figure which will be painful. On the flip, I'm sure they will still follow a relatively slow pace so I can't imagine seeing more than 4 figures per year from them.

Part of me would like that, but another part is ready to just buy the crap out of Star Wars again :lol

I will say I think it is highly unlikely HT will approach the breadth of the Sideshow line. So figures like the Gammorraean Guards, Hammerhead and Bossk should be safe. But I'd think imperial troopers (clone, storm, etc.) will likely get the HT treatment and Vader is a definite. Although honestly I can't see much room for improvement over what Sideshow did with the Deluxe aside from him being the correct height... but HT seems to always exceed what I even think is possible :lol

That was my first thought as well... now it finally makes sense why we haven't seen a follow-up to Luke.

I think that for the most part HT will be releasing figures Sideshow has already done... so unless Sideshow is keen on re-releasing earlier figures (which they still have not done once) I imagine it will be a win-win for both of them. Both will make their own figures (I'll continue to buy both) and distribute for one another.

The price will likely be insane on these... but Luke was a great deal as long as you wanted two figures, so maybe we'll get lucky. But I doubt it :lol

Doubtful... we'll be lucky to get a figure shown before the end of the year.

I think the war is already over :lol

Same here, I don't need to rebuy Piett or a Tusken Raider and honestly I doubt HT will ever go that deep. I think they'll hit the main characters and that's it. I don't think we'd ever get a Dengar from them, but I think it's quite likely from Sideshow. So I'm hoping to continue buying from both for the foreseeable future.

Yeah, I'm sure Vader is high on their list. And unlike Sideshow they are probably ready to go with him rather than have to wait a few years for the license and company to mature. I still don't know how much better HT can do than the deluxe, but I'm sure they will not disappoint.

The 1/4 is something I really don't care about... and I too figured they were done with it. Guess I'll just wait and see what comes of it.

Probably true... and I'm cool with that :rock

Wasn't the Blue Jedi after Leia? But all of the female figures (with the exception of Boussh and kind of Asajj) were pretty weak.

They were able to produce Luke under Sideshow's license (like they did with Terminator, Godfather and some others over the years). But now it appears that HT has their own separate license now. So, now they can operate w/o the approval of Sideshow.

Yes. Too all of this.

HT's line is only gonna be heavy hitters. And probably single versions of all the key characters in their most iconic looks.

Sideshow will remain the most steady line to go to for most things SW. HT's will likely only be 2-4 figures a year if that.

And well all know how centric to what is hot HT is, expect a **** ton of stuff from the sequel trilogy.

If they plan on picking up the new movies, and IF the new movies are successful they will **** these things out.

It's all down to the success of the new films.

Around the time they come out they will have 3-4 figures that they know will sell like Luke and Vader and one guy from the new movie.

If the movie is good it will be insane.

Both companies have upped their prices significantly and it's been awhile since Sideshow's released a good cantina style alien/minor character. With their upped prices, I'm concerned they might not think Walrusman is worth putting out anymore.

I am hoping for a Hot Toys Hoth Leia, though.
No way man - they're gonna ride the nostalgia train just like everyone else will be in the near future. :lol

I think Disney put out a press statement recently, saying pretty much that; that it's gonna be OT heavy out there in merch land as part of the gear up for EPVII, so SSC would be stupid to not jump on at such a heady time in SW history.

Ha! First Sideshow bails on Joe now Hot Toys snubs the licensing from them! Looks like Sideshow doesn't like $$$. Their loss!

At least we won't be getting Cloned. :lol

Well HT has announced Star Wars and G1 Optimus today, would be awesome if they took to Joes, too bad it's probably too much of a dead license at this point to interest them.

Well HT has announced Star Wars and G1 Optimus today, would be awesome if they took to Joes, too bad it's probably too much of a dead license at this point to interest them.

SW and Transformers are global sellers, especially in the Asian market, Joe is not. Joe barely limps along in America, its safe to say they aren't interested in G I Joe.

SW and Transformers are global sellers, especially in the Asian market, Joe is not. Joe barely limps along in America, its safe to say they aren't interested in G I Joe.

GI who?

Maybe if it was G.I. Jack...

Jack+Nicholson+2011+NBA+Star+Game+Performances+ikk-a5-FsGEl.jpg

I grew up in the 80's watching Joe and TF's after school.
I've always loved robots, but my love for paramilitary doods in fatigues waned significantly.... haha.

I feel like G.I. Joe is a niche in America even. It's hard to make the Army hip and sexy.
Plus the movies stunk.

I'm content with the SSC figures I have for the vast majority. My DX07 is my favorite figure by far, so I'd like a couple HT figs of main characters. My longterm plan is the have groups based on scenes/movies. I'd like an updated Farmboy & Jedi Luke, Smuggler Han, Hoth & ANH Leia, and Chewie. Give me those plus the stuff SSC announced so far, and I'm good.

Man.. that new 1/6 scale HT Optimus Prime looks stunning.

Still holding out for a MP Prime though, when I can manage one.

You guys misunderstood. They give up Joe then give up Star Wars. Court of the Who? I guess all Sideshow has left to offer is DC.

I will say I think it is highly unlikely HT will approach the breadth of the Sideshow line. So figures like the Gammorraean Guards, Hammerhead and Bossk should be safe.

I'd love to see HT make a screen accurate Bossk instead of the hyper detailed idealized version released by Sideshow.

No way man - they're gonna ride the nostalgia train just like everyone else will be in the near future. :lol

I think Disney put out a press statement recently, saying pretty much that; that it's gonna be OT heavy out there in merch land as part of the gear up for EPVII, so SSC would be stupid to not jump on at such a heady time in SW history.

They better. If not, I'm placing blame squarely on Hot Toys and will fly out to Hong Kong to kick Howard Chan in the gonads.

Back