Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Figures from Episode I-VII + New Interviews

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Scale Figures from Episode I - VII Announcemen

Not sure why people think they went cold. It hasn't been that long since Batman was released and I don't see them making a ton of 1/4 announcements a year.

Maybe.

But how many SW characters would get the 1/4 scale treatment?

Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Scale Figures from Episode I - VII Announcemen

I need a second job!

Best,

Robert

I don't like Star Wars enough to re-buy. :lol

I'll get a farm boy Luke and proper Han and Leia. Everything else I am fine with what I already have from Sideshow.

I think Vader is the obvious figure for a 1/4 treatment.

The real test is Chewbacca.

Would love to see this, but would try not to be excited. Today's full of Hot Toys awesomeness, but this one was the least exciting for me. HT banners with "coming soon" just don't do it for me anymore til they show the protos. HT themselves desensitized me with their Predator, T800 Police Shootout, and Batman Returns all said to be coming soon in 1/4 scale format many years ago in a galaxy not far away...

IMO competition between Sideshow & Hot Toys is good for collectors. :yess:

What competition? Sideshow's done.

They will kick back and make a fortune distributing for HT and not have to deal with development costs or the likes of us.

I bet some people at SideShow are incredibly unhappy about this. What are they without Star Wars? I presume they will continue to produce figures on their own, but there is no way they can compete with either quality or price given what we have seen in the last few months. There must have been major battles been fought behind the scenes, which is why we only got one figure (Luke Bespin). I wonder will SS stop stocking HT at some point in near future? Why support the competition?

Couple of things, SSC has DC Comics and I have a feeling that sooner than later we'll see a Marvel Comics license from them announced too and that has more than enough to fill their time. I don't think that SSC is sweating too much really, not to mention that they're the official North American distributor of Hot Toys so there is cash to me made by simply being the middleman. Star Wars collectors are so manic that they'll happily buy and complain about the same figure from various companies no problem. SSC could come out with a new Jedi Luke and HT could come out with one and people would buy both even when complaining about one.

I'll get a farm boy Luke and proper Han and Leia. Everything else I am fine with what I already have from Sideshow.

I might get the heads really, since the sculpts are all I'm really worried about. The only three HT figures I'd get without really worrying about having two is Jedi Luke, Vader and Boba Fett. Everything else I'd be happy with simply using loose HT parts to upgrade what I've already got.

I passed on Deluxe Sideshow Vader.... so I would love an HT Vader.

Face it, if you got the STAR WARS license, what is the one figure you would most want to make. Vader. I'm sure HT feels that way. And by the time they preview it, and then deliver, plenty of time will have passed from the Sideshow version and we'll watching the next installment.

What competition? Sideshow's done.

They will kick back and make a fortune distributing for HT and not have to deal with development costs or the likes of us.

With all the teases they have shown recently, I hardly think Sideshow is done.

The 1/4 scale announcement is actually the more surprising thing about this for me. I was sure that HT was done after Batman and the Endoskeleton. We haven't heard a peep from them about 1/4 scale stuff in ages, though a couple years back they claimed we were getting Avengers, Predator, Terminator, etc.

warriors.png
LOL

I passed on Deluxe Sideshow Vader.... so I would love an HT Vader.

Face it, if you got the STAR WARS license, what is the one figure you would most want to make. Vader. I'm sure HT feels that way. And by the time they preview it, and then delievr, plenty of time will have passed from the Sideshow version and we'll watching the next installment.

That may be true, only time will tell. Personally, I'm hoping for Darth Maul.

I would love that too, as previously posted, but I think HT's directive is to focus on the new trilogy or to the OT that directly connects to the new movies. My guess is PT is passe.

I NEED an ROTJ Luke and Palpatine! This has been a glorious week for announcements this far.

Back