Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Figures from Episode I-VII + New Interviews

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Scale Figures from Episode I - VII Announcemen

I wonder if it's a coincidence that SSC seems to be bombarding us with all kinds of classic Star Wars goodness that they've neglected for years?

Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Scale Figures from Episode I - VII Announcemen

War between Sideshow and Hot Toys!!!!!

WAR!!!!

Medicom vs Sideshow was nothing.

And people whine about HT Marvel prices. Wait till the $300 bare bone Star Wars figures roll out. :lol

True, and by that same logic I can guarantee you they (HT) will release a Vader, a Yoda etc. Why wouldn't they now? They will go for the big bucks. Sideshow have been pricing themselves towards HT lately without doing the homework. How will they respond when their key figures are treated like dog **** next to their new shiny (equivalently priced) Hot Toys versions?

This can't go smoothly for SS. I understood the previous arrangement, where HT were "allowed" to produce agreed non-competitive figures by SS. This is a whole new can of worms.

Begun, this collectible war..has...
Yep, ****'s really going to hit the fan if Hoth Luke and Han come out anything like Nathan Drake. I almost pity SSC, as their human likenesses are still so amateur next to HT.

Last edited:

I wonder if they will have anything at Comic Con? I hope so... :pray:

I would buy a Jar Jar Binks figure. Visually it's quite an interesting character and as a kid he made me laugh and has given me much joy through the years joking about him (and many haters making funny jokes as well).

Let's be honest a figure would leave the same impression of him in the film. Sort of funny, charming when you first see him, painfully annoying after 5 minutes!

Unless the sculpts are dead on I'll be passing on the non DX figures.
I wonder if they're going to make the figures that Sideshow hasn't.

No interest for the 1/4 scale figures either.

I wonder if it's a coincidence that SSC seems to be bombarding us with all kinds of classic Star Wars goodness that they've neglected for years?

Now, at the end, you understand. *rubs Emperor hands*

Yep, ****'s really going to hit the fan if Hoth Luke and Han come out anything like Nathan Drake. I almost pity SSC, as their human likenesses are still so amateur next to HT.

That's my fear too. They just blast this stuff out without real concern for maintaining their license. TIE, Scout and 3PO shouldn't be hurt by likeness issues, but cheap paint could kill 3PO in a heart-beat. So the only real guarantee here is TIE and Scout should be clone-level good.

cool. I'll come back in 2016 when we see figs. :lol

Medicom vs Sideshow was nothing.

And people whine about HT Marvel prices. Wait till the $300 bare bone Star Wars figures roll out. :lol

Its gonna be interesting to watch this all play out.

People at Sideshow are probably ****** their pants :lol

The Star Wars Wars have begun :rock :rock :rock

I don't think it's a coincidence at all! I think they see the end is nigh!

War between Sideshow and Hot Toys!!!!!

WAR!!!!

warriors.png

So do we know for sure that Sideshow is out of the picture? If so that's great news. Sideshoow really needs this punch in the face to realize that they can't push out mediocre likeness and paints jobs on iconic figures. Some of their figures look really poor next to Hot Toys figures.

Let's be honest a figure would leave the same impression of him in the film. Sort of funny, charming when you first see him, painfully annoying after 5 minutes!

Honestly I never found him annoying. Misunderstood, that's what I would say. And clumsy.

1/4 scale figures too, huh? Not sure I want to open that can of collecting worms...

I wonder if they will fulfil their 1/4 scale advertisement?

I thought they went cold on that scale? Doesn't matter to me as 1/6 is my scale.

I might hold off getting the Medicom Darth Maul and see if Hot Toys makes one.

I wonder if they will fulfil their 1/4 scale advertisement?

I thought they went cold on that scale? Doesn't matter to me as 1/6 is my scale.

Not sure why people think they went cold. It hasn't been that long since Batman was released and I don't see them making a ton of 1/4 announcements a year.

This is sort of like when Sideshow annouced the Star Wars license back in late 2005.

Endless possibilities. Sometimes, the best part.

Its gonna be interesting to watch this all play out.

People at Sideshow are probably ****** their pants :lol

The Star Wars Wars have begun :rock :rock :rock

I don't like Star Wars enough to re-buy. :lol

I might hold off getting the Medicom Darth Maul and see if Hot Toys makes one.

That's one that needs revisiting but HT might back off from the PT characters in favor of ones that matter to the new series.

Back