Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Figures from Episode I-VII + New Interviews

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Scale Figures from Episode I - VII Announcemen

Yeah, I'm looking to HT to upgrade my most hopeless SS efforts... like Bespin Han.

But now HT has a new "Ironman"... the Iron Man known as STAR WARS. I wonder if they'll just blast out this beast with record numbers?
Chan has always claimed that he's a HUGE fan of Star Wars but people have dismissed that since we only got Bespin Luke. Now it seems they had plans of their own for a while and have just been waiting to get the license themselves since the joint with SSC was limiting them. I hope they treat this with love. There is a lot of figures that they could do and it would do extremely well.

Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Scale Figures from Episode I - VII Announcemen

I really want a decent Stormtrooper, without the tighty whiteys and also able to stand up.

I'm wondering if HT is going to overlap much with SSC's figures. I do like what SSC's done with helmeted figures but clearly their HS are still a step below what HT can produce. Would love to see a different Luke and a Han figure from HT.

Yeah, I'm looking to HT to upgrade my most hopeless SS efforts... like Bespin Han.

But now HT has a new "Ironman"... the Iron Man known as STAR WARS. I wonder if they'll just blast out this beast with record numbers?
I think it will depend on how popular SW is in the asian market.. Hmnn well thats how i feel why they milked the IM franchise.

OMG now they can make STORMTROOPERS! YES! And since they are known for making 1/6 scale vehicles we might see a LANDSPEEDER! like i stated before OMG, I have to get a second job.

Yep.

And as far as the Deluxe Vader goes, I'm certain that it is the ultimate Vader... right now. But we've seen what HT can do, and how they can make even the best figure pale next to their own version. They even make their own stuff look dated in just a year or so.

I imagine the cape material and licorice suit will all be perfected. I see real gloves. I see a metal helmet. I see better electronics. I see a wayyyyyyyyyyy better light-saber.

Well I can see why Sideshow made so many non clone figure announcements lately now.

Great news, now we can get better sculpts and ten times better bodies too.

The only thing that can make this better is if the latest Sideshow humans are actually any good in the end. The universes might implode if that happens because the star wars doll industry won't be able to contain that much awesomeness.

This is the announcement I've been waiting for.

..& totally Wor-Gor - licorice boy will be junk in a little while. :lol

There is much that can be done better on Vader, time will tell.

Interesting, wonder what this holds in terms of current property development. Anyone know if this is a separate license apart from Sideshow, valid for Asian markets, or a sub-license situation similar to their Transformers announcement? I would think it's a separate license since they can show Disney how successful they are at printing money (aka Iron Man figs).

I bet some people at SideShow are incredibly unhappy about this.

What are they without Star Wars? I presume they will continue to produce figures on their own, but there is no way they can compete with either quality or price given what we have seen in the last few months.

There must have been major battles been fought behind the scenes, which is why we only got one figure (Luke Bespin). I wonder will SS stop stocking HT at some point in near future? Why support the competition?

So i guess this means no more medicom Star Wars, as hasbro still holds the keys to the Star Wars toys kingdom.

not too suprising, seeing the optimus prime thread.

I'm wondering how deep they plan to go. this has potential to be both amazing, and terrible. on the upside, its good to know i'll have someone else making lightsabers that don;t look oversized. Medicom and the newer sideshow dildosabers can take a hike.

Sideshow stocked the medicom pieces, no reason they wouldn't stock the star wars ones. The REAL question is, how much and which figures first.

We also have to remember that HT's prices are going to be ridiculous. $250 will probably be the least amount we'll be paying for a more basic bare bones figure.

Star Wars collectors are so manic that they'll happily buy and complain about the same figure from various companies no problem.

:lol

OMG now they can make STORMTROOPERS! YES! And since they are known for making 1/6 scale vehicles we might see a LANDSPEEDER! like i stated before OMG, I have to get a second job.

Stormtroopers and a landspeeder! **** yes!

So.... Is Sideshow losing the license?

Dear Hot Toys,
just a note to say that during the making of the Star Wars films, no rubber was used at any time.

K thnx bye.

Vader with rubber suit and molded on chestboxes and armor incomming :lol

I guess that's why sideshow has been announcing all these new sw figures,guess they figure they would release as many as possible b4 ht take over

I'm not sure when Sideshow is up for renewal of their license. Either way, we'll still be buying them from Sideshow.

I hope Hot Toys is going to start by filling in the older first figures Sideshow did and/or ones that they've missed.

I think I'm most excited about seeing what HT does with the ladies: Leia and Padme

SSC is really knocking guys, droids, aliens, and troopers out of the park right now. But a HT ANH Leia, Arena Padme, Slave Leia, Hoth Leia, etc., etc., I imagine will far surpass Sideshow's efforts.

I think I'm most excited about seeing what HT does with the ladies: Leia and Padme

SSC is really knocking guys, droids, aliens, and troopers out of the park right now. But a HT ANH Leia, Arena Padme, Slave Leia, Hoth Leia, etc., etc., I imagine will far surpass Sideshow's efforts.
I totally agree about the ladies - HT will excel at them - but SSC doing the 'guys' justice? :lol

Yeah.......... :lol

Back