Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Figures from Episode I-VII + New Interviews

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Figures from Episode I-VII + New Interviews

IMO the SSC Vaders have both been comically tall. They must have gotten him confused with Chewbacca.

Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Figures from Episode I-VII + New Interviews

The toy looks good, it's all that I care about. Short, tall, all those factors just play into where I put them on a shelf.

:lol
Sideshow's pricing is slowly approaching Hot Toy's current pricing and Hot Toys' pricing is going...bam, zoom, to the moon!

A Honeymooners quote- you have great taste!!:clap

One of the biggest scale issues I have seen Hot Toys pull is on their man of steel. They made him way too tall!

Especially if you're pairing it with Christopher Reeve Supes. Height in real life, Reeve - 6 foot, 4. Cavill - 6 foot, 1. :slap

If NECA does one thing right, it's that pretty much all of their seven-inch figures are in proper scale to each other.

Just saw this announcement today. So excited! This has also prompted me to find a DX07 for a good price lol. I've been wanting one for a while, and now I need to do it.

*Update*
I found a brand new, sealed DX07 on eBay for $355 shipped. I thought that was a no brainer and went with it. Now I can't wait to get it!

Just saw this announcement today. So excited! This has also prompted me to find a DX07 for a good price lol. I've been wanting one for a while, and now I need to do it.

*Update*
I found a brand new, sealed DX07 on eBay for $355 shipped. I thought that was a no brainer and went with it. Now I can't wait to get it!

Amazing! The DX07 is the best Luke Skywalker out there!
The scene where this Luke is depicted is arguably the most pivotal part of the Original Trilogy, let alone the Empire Strikes Back. Plus, you get 2 Lukes!!!
I really want this guy, but I am hoping to save room for a Hot Toys Vader, Fett. Really hoping for 1/4 scale of both ;)

Nonetheless, you made a great buy there!!! It is one of the highest rated Hot Toys DX figures. Never hear bad things about it and an essential to Star Wars fans.

Just wondering thanks. Again, doesn't bug me enough for me to freak about it. They look cool either way so I don't care. Hamill's a shorty anyway. Honestly, as long as HT's humans are scale enough with each other and SSC's armored dudes are in scale enough with each other, I'm good. I read some people freaking about Vader being off, I don't care, he's tall, he's big, I'm not gonna make a thing about it. I even dig Medicom Vader, I just have him displayed elsewhere.

I really hope we get a cool Han first honestly. Who's more iconic than Luke and Vader to the Star Wars universe? Plus I dislike every 1/6 Han I've seen so far by everyone.

Totally agree!

Amazing! The DX07 is the best Luke Skywalker out there!
The scene where this Luke is depicted is arguably the most pivotal part of the Original Trilogy, let alone the Empire Strikes Back. Plus, you get 2 Lukes!!!
I really want this guy, but I am hoping to save room for a Hot Toys Vader, Fett. Really hoping for 1/4 scale of both ;)

Nonetheless, you made a great buy there!!! It is one of the highest rated Hot Toys DX figures. Never hear bad things about it and an essential to Star Wars fans.

I didn't even think of a 1/4 Fett... I am at their mercy on that one :-(

Thanks man!

I really want a Hot Toys Anakin complete with the Sith eyes look.

I'd love to have that. Anakin was my favorite growing up, but I now understand how bad he was haha. The nostalgia causes me to still like him though.

I'd love to have that. Anakin was my favorite growing up, but I now understand how bad he was haha. The nostalgia causes me to still like him though.

I know he gets a lot of hate, but I personally thought he was pretty cool in ep. 3. I LOVED the fight he had against Obi.

I don't mean to be a ****, but I still have trouble grasping the idea that there are people now old enough to have grown up with the prequels and have nostalgic feelings for them. I feel old.

I don't mean to be a ****, but I still have trouble grasping the idea that there are people now old enough to have grown up with the prequels and have nostalgic feelings for them. I feel old.

I was 14 when Episode 1 came out. Therefore I have the most nostalgic feelings towards it. Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith... not so much. I didn't like them even when they came out haha. This will sound insane to some, but Episode 1 is my favorite of the prequels. The main reason is the nostalgia and the build up to it coming out. The other reason is because looking back, it was the only movie that was shot on film and still used some old school puppetry and techniques. The compositing in episode 2 looks so blown out and just simply awful. Looking at the movie now its amazing how horrible all of the clones looked in terms of the CG! Would it have killed them to at least make one suit and put the guy on a green screen to make multiples?

I started watching the whole series with my wife, and I just had to stop during Episode 2, it just gets so bad from a script standpoint.

You and me both!

I grew up with the prequels.... But I wouldn't care to buy Anakin. I want originals!
And yes.... if they want to make a heck of a lot of money, make 1/6 or 1/4 scale of Vader, Fett. They will sell, sell, sell...

I was 7 when II came out and 10 when III came out. Anakin was the "badass" of those two so he was my favorite growing up. I am no longer a child and can understand that his character wasn't very good. He brings back childhood movies though, so he's nostalgic.

Back