Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Figures from Episode I-VII + New Interviews

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Figures from Episode I-VII + Interview (X-Wing

Well that makes Sideshow's Luke pilot much more interesting

Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Figures from Episode I-VII + Interview (X-Wing

I'm hoping for a Luke pilot by Hot Toys. Besides the Sideshow figures aren't in scale with Hot Toys.

Well that makes Sideshow's Luke pilot much more interesting
It won't be 1/6 scale though. The biggest I see them making it is 1/12. They didn't bother doing a 1/6 Bat for various reasons, zero chance they'll even attempt making the X-Wing 1/6.

x-wing1-6_zpsb77212bf.jpg

It's not impossible when you think about it. It could come in parts that you assemble.

It's not impossible when you think about it. It could come in parts that you assemble.
In the grand scheme of things I don't see them doing it due to basic reasons. The cost alone for an X-Wing in that size will be beyond insane. The 1/12 scale Bat is $700 as it is. Pretty sure this thing would be breaching the $2000+ price point by the time it's even announced if it was 1/6. Betting it'll be done a smaller scale with a smaller scale pilot.

The box shouldn't be too much bigger than the Batmobile then with fuselage, wings cannons and engines detached in separate styrofoam slots.

Explains why the did the Bat, Hellcarrier.....I'd assume SW vehicles will get same sort of treatment.

Nothing new in article, their not going to compete with SS likely do older releases or tougher projects meh....based on his comment no prototype at either Con seeing how he hoped to have something before end of the year.

Crap, crap and more crap...

The box shouldn't be too much bigger than the Batmobile then with fuselage, wings cannons and engines detached in separate styrofoam slots.

Exactly.

In the grand scheme of things I don't see them doing it due to basic reasons. The cost alone for an X-Wing in that size will be beyond insane. The 1/12 scale Bat is $700 as it is. Pretty sure this thing would be breaching the $2000+ price point by the time it's even announced if it was 1/6.

If the Bat 1/12 is 700 I don't think an X-Wing would be 2000+. More like 1000 dollars perhaps. It's not that big actually when you think about it. It just looks big but mass-wise is another thing. Just make it come in parts and you won't need a huge box for it.

Nothing new in article, their not going to compete with SS likely do older releases or tougher projects meh.

I'd be willing to bet that Sideshow played a part in helping them get the license in the first place. And without Sideshow's distribution, Hot Toys wouldn't be the company it is today. Nor would it continue being that company tomorrow. I'm sure the licensor also doesn't want to see product failures because of competition between their licensees. That's just bad business for everyone.

It won't be 1/6 scale though. The biggest I see them making it is 1/12. They didn't bother doing a 1/6 Bat for various reasons, zero chance they'll even attempt making the X-Wing 1/6.

x-wing1-6_zpsb77212bf.jpg
That cant be 1/6.

IT would have over a 7' wingspan and just shy of 7'long.

Well unless that guy really tall.

All i heard was "x-wing" and then i became extremely disoriented and almost passed out. :thud:

Reading that it sounds like they want to do figures that other companys don't have the skill to do.

Make me think Aliens like Chewbacca.

However, they have to make figures people want.

That cant be 1/6.

IT would have over a 7' wingspan and just shy of 7'long.

Well unless that guy really tall.

The scratchbuilt Xwing that guy is showing could easily fit a 1:6 pilot and look good. I could nitpick a couple details but I'd happily own that thing.

This. Plus im just glad this confirms that they wont gonna be against eachother... im a huge fan of both!
I'd be willing to bet that Sideshow played a part in helping them get the license in the first place. And without Sideshow's distribution, Hot Toys wouldn't be the company it is today. Nor would it continue being that company tomorrow. I'm sure the licensor also doesn't want to see product failures because of competition between their licensees. That's just bad business for everyone.

So it looks like there will be no HT preview this week. Massively disappointing, but I suppose we should get used to it. Anyway, I've been waiting 3 years for a preview of HT Han, what's a few more months.

So it looks like there will be no HT preview this week. Massively disappointing, but I suppose we should get used to it. Anyway, I've been waiting 3 years for a preview of HT Han, what's a few more months.

Hot Toys has a Star Wars area with placeholder mannequins of Vader and Troopers. Give them a day or two and you might see some prototypes go in there. Most vendors don't want to show everything on the first day. Star Wars might overshadow Hot Toys other stuff, so they might hold it back for a bit.

Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Scale Figures from Episode I - VII Announcemen

^Wrong picture.

10495006_10152317176593108_1201218506385131329_o.jpg

We're getting an X-Wing! Seriously!?

The second paragraph in RED tells me that SSC's not done with Star Wars at all, and HT wouldn't want to step on the toes of the bull they sat on when they were just a small fly. I think HT and SSC might sit down and talk about which characters/character variants their respective companies would produce so as not to make conflict and directly compete, being the only companies producing high-end 1/6 SW figures.

Win-Win for everyone, mostly for the fans/collectors (with money to burn).

Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Scale Figures from Episode I - VII Announcemen

The second paragraph in RED tells me that SSC's not done with Star Wars at all, and HT wouldn't want to step on the toes of the bull they sat on when they were just a small fly. I think HT and SSC might sit down and talk about which characters/character variants their respective companies would produce so as not to make conflict and directly compete, being the only companies producing high-end 1/6 SW figures.

Win-Win for everyone, mostly for the fans/collectors (with money to burn).
That sounds quite plausible actually. Working together will produce far better outcomes than just trying to compete.

No that they likely were ever really considering competing in the first place.. :lol

That sounds quite plausible actually. Working together will produce far better outcomes than just trying to compete.

No that they likely were ever really considering competing in the first place.. :lol

Yeah. I think they still need each other, at least for now and the near future ;)

I guess the first in HT's line up would be figures SSC hasn't done just recently and have just announced. Vader might have to wait til SSC's new Vader's sold out.

Back