Hot Toys - TF001 - THE TRANSFORMERS G1: Optimus Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - THE TRANSFORMERS G1: Optimus Prime (Starscream Version) (Spec + Pics)

Might have to get this. I hope Megatron is next.

Re: Hot Toys - THE TRANSFORMERS G1: Optimus Prime (Starscream Version) (Spec + Pics)

It's on HT's official Facebook page.
Well ok then. Looks cool, but I've already got mp 10.

now, if they do a similarly scaled g1 megatron? I'm in. Don't need a transforming megatron... Then again, might bite on prime if the price is right.

This is the only Optimus Prime I'll ever need. Man, why don't I just work for Hot Toys? That way we can skip the part where I get paid and hand them my money...

I seriously have no WORDS for this. While I love the MP line, this has something that just makes my head go nuts. What an amazing announcement by HT.

I also don't get the Starscream Wings on the back if prime... Was that a thing in the Japanese version of the cartoon?

Anyway, pretty exited about this. Would have loved for it to be a Diecast figure though.

This is the only Optimus Prime I'll ever need. Man, why don't I just work for Hot Toys? That way we can skip the part where I get paid and hand them my money...

You just can't have one OP.

It is definitely not going to be 1/6 scale. For an 18-wheeler, that would be MASSIVE! It should be around 12" tall, though.
.... Little too big. these should be done in-scale with the masterpiece figures... GRANTED, if megs is a little tall, that's ok. COns can be bigger.

I seriously have no WORDS for this. While I love the MP line, this has something that just makes my head go nuts. What an amazing announcement by HT.

I also don't get the Starscream Wings on the back if prime... Was that a thing in the Japanese version of the cartoon?

Anyway, pretty exited about this. Would have loved for it to be a Diecast figure though.

just creative liscense is all. it's as if he killed starscream and took his parts for upgrades.

Dunno where this came from, but I'm glad they're still surprising us.

just creative liscense is all. it's as if he killed starscream and took his parts for upgrades.

Isn't that akin to a human killing a guy and then wearing his skin as a coat?:rotfl

This is an interesting idea for line and I am eager to see how it develops. I must admit I thought this was a joke at first lol.

I was considering getting into the Masterpiece line...scratch that.

I was considering getting into the Masterpiece line...scratch that.

Nothing replaces the MP line man. This is an extra bonus to TF fans.

But the MP like is where is at. This is wicked cool though. I'm so getting it.

I read somewhere the estimated price in HK is like $280 or so, which will put this at $350 or more. At that price it's way too rich for my blood, and I'm out, but I do agree it's cool. But the screamer accessories are just so not necessary.

I'm so in on this one. Best thing I've seen yet from the Toy Fair.

Am i dreaming?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I'm officially back in the Hot Toys game (passed about 2 years worth of HT figures).

I think its GOOD that this doesn't transform. You have the MP line for that. This is for someone that would never transform the transformers (no pun intended) anyways. I have 1 MP figure that I transformed to vehicle mode and never bothered to transform...too much work...Then again, I'm also someone that does not change up 1/6 figure poses every once I set them up.

Last edited:

Yea, all that cash for something that doesnt look much different than MP-10 and doesnt transform. Easy pass for me, I think the unimetal Prime looks better than this one as far as non transforming primes go.

It better for $800 dollars. :lol

Looking good and a nice move from HT.

Although I'm fond of anything Transformers I'm not about to start collecting them and if Optimus sells well then the flood gates could open with this licence. Transformers fans be prepared to spend. :lecture

How tall are MP10 and 20th anniversary Optimus?

This looks like a great alternative for people who want to display him in both modes or in either just the transformed modus...

I finally see me selling some stuff of my collection for the latest announcements (Iron Man MK III, Marty McFly, Optmius Prime, AC Batman... ... ...). :panic:

Back