Hot Toys - TF001 - THE TRANSFORMERS G1: Optimus Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - THE TRANSFORMERS G1: Optimus Prime (Starscream Version) (Spec + Pics)

WTF! is this real, why does he have starscreams wings WTF is happening

Re: Hot Toys - THE TRANSFORMERS G1: Optimus Prime (Starscream Version) (Spec + Pics)

Diecast?
The waist is too wide for some reason.

I see no waist swivel. Looks like the pelvis is in the way.

Kind of a statue with limited articulation, but not nearly articulated as a MP.
I want to like it... I do. As it looks great...but I don't think I'd enjoy picking it up as much as I think I would. I'd put the wings on and I'd think... "meh."

I think the MP-10 will be better by all accounts, (Transformation, diecast, trailer, gimmicks) but it's a nice way to get more money from HT collectors or Prime super fans. (Weathered look, stylized)

Maybe if they do a Megatron.. as Takara hasn't been able to nail that yet.

30cm is roughly the same size as the MP-10 figure. Maybe a little taller
X-plus godzillas are 30cm. So if you know how big Grimlocks dino mode is comparison to prime.. haha

zssXmagl.jpg

nope, no diecast. HT said a wile ago they weren't returning to diecast any time soon.

this is cool but I have MP-01 and MP-10...don't think I need this

30 cm is almost 12" (about the height of MP-01), and MP-10 isn't close to that size IMO.

20110922112232488.jpg

Depends on your definition of close haha. 4 inches.

Between this and Marty. Wow man, I can really go back to my youth when there were no job pressures, debt or impending middle age.
Thank you HT. Thank you.

I love this thing. What a weird, wonderful day of announcements:clap

Whoa! This looks badass! Price though?

$320 is an insult.
They didn't have to do any complicated sculpting on this thing.. the design has been done to death. They weathered it a bit and it's all plastic.

I went from semi interested to laughing in no time. haha

Bring on grimlock !

$320 is an insult.
They didn't have to do any complicated sculpting on this thing.. the design has been done to death. They weathered it a bit and it's all plastic.

I went from semi interested to laughing in no time. haha

Same. This^

Pass. I collect Transformers but this is really an uninteresting and inaccurate piece.

Cannot Transform and looks worse than MP-10. Or MP-01 for that matter.

I just have no interest in a 12" Optimus Prime standing head to head with my other Hot Toys figures.

Cool but no thank you Hot Toys. Between the ED209 fiasco and overpricing, I'll be passing on ALOT of stuff I'd normally buy.

Quite honestly, it doesn't look much (if any) better than MP-10. Can't believe I'm saying this since I am a fan of G1, but it would have made more sense to put out Prime from the Bay films. The amount of detail would be mind numbing.

And if it's $320, then that's a joke.

Apparently it's suppose to be based off an Episode of G1 where Starscream dresses up like optimus... but the exclusive is starscream's head... so that's not it.

I think it's a clever way to get around license issues and get a Transformer to market to cash in. They are trying to bring the prime of the movies to mind, without making a prime from the movies.

No it really is that reference, but at the same time trying to make it look like Prime´s taken Screamers parts.
I like it very much and I see customs all over the place, with the HT parts for a TRANSFORMING Prime out of it.
:rock

I'm sure a non Starscream version is coming too. Would be interested to see a metallic painted clean look - That I might consider as Hot Toys would knock the paint out of the park. Considering how much a good repaint would cost, the price would make more sense.

I think it looks awesome and I really hope I get to see it at SDCC, but for now I'm sticking with the Fewture Ultimetal as my Optimus.

Good for transformers fan I guess. Doesn't transform? I would think they would tackle something like the movie version.

Back