Hot Toys - TF001 - THE TRANSFORMERS G1: Optimus Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - THE TRANSFORMERS G1: Optimus Prime (Starscream Version) (Spec + Pics)

Transformers fans not liking something that isn't a transformer?

:slap

Re: Hot Toys - THE TRANSFORMERS G1: Optimus Prime (Starscream Version) (Spec + Pics)

I'm a bit surprised they went with the G1 Prime as opposed to the Michael Bay version. HT has done comic and cartoon characters before, but they focus on the more "realistic" movie stuff. My guess is this is more primarily aimed at the Asian than western audiences, which accounts for the decision they made.

Although the G1 version is awesome, a movie version Prime would be freaking sweet!!

Man I didn't see this coming. Is everyone happy now that Hot Toys is branching out into new properties?

I have never bought a non-transforming Transformer and at $320... I still won't.

Mutha**** yes!!!!!!!!! Yes **** yes. **** **** mutha**** yes ****!!!!! Can't wait for Megatron. ****!

That HT Prime just looks too nice to pass. I've got my MP if I wanna play transform modes, which I never do anyways. :lol

So why does he have Starscream's wings? :confused:

Guess it's a tribute to that episode where Starscream wore the Optimus Prime costume in the 80 cartoon.

Guess it's a tribute to that episode where Starscream wore the Optimus Prime costume in the 80 cartoon.

Are you joking? I'm thinking that you're messing with me but the G1 cartoon was so off the wall sometimes what you describe could very well have been a real thing. :lol

Are you joking? I'm thinking that you're messing with me but the G1 cartoon was so off the wall sometimes what you describe could very well have been a real thing. :lol

050425seibertron.jpg

Nope, he put on the Optimus disguise and apparently used his wings. I remember the episode, but not the wing reference.

You know....I have to say deep down in my soul there is not another true G1 Transformer nutcase on this planet more than me. But all this talk about oh it can't transform to justify not buying it is.....nvm...I won't go there.

It's amazing to me how in just about every Transformer thread and post with pictures, you always see the Transformers together in robot form. Why is that?

I'll tell you why! While the fact they transform is cool...especially in the cartoons...WHO CARES?????

Transformers G1 are so great because of the recognizability of them in ROBOT MODE!!!!! I don't know anyone that keeps Optimus Prime or any other character for that matter (OUTSIDE OF THE DINOBOTS) in alternate mode. Who the *****k cares?

On top of that, the Masterpiece Transformers were too damn difficult to transform anyways (at least for my friend and myself...lol pretty sad I know)....and here is the biggest selling point of Hot TOYS Transformers G1 line to me.......less chance of loose joints, broken joints, paint damage, etc. which usually results from transforming a Masterpiece Transformer back and forth from robot to alt mode.

Once again, I got to go into the why can't there be both mode???!!!! A MP Hasbro / Takara line for you kiddies....and a Collectors Hot Toys always in robot mode (cause that's the form that really matters) line for the adults?

Don't crap on MY Transformer's parade because maybe some of you like to play in your little sandbox transforming Optimus in vehicle mode so you can try and fit Hawk from GI JOE up in that muafugga.

MP fanatics stick to MP. True Transformers fans go with both! The pure Robot mode preferrer go with Hot Toys. Win...win....win in my book. Just don't nobody else crap on my parade of wanting an awesome detailed painted up Hot Toys robot mode Transformer with tons of options.

Yeah, I'm not a TF collector but I've always loved the characters and it really is all about the robot mode.

050425seibertron.jpg

Nope, he put on the Optimus disguise and apparently used his wings. I remember the episode, but not the wing reference.

Ha ha, okay. Crazy. :lol

Loricstone, take your pills, no one's 'crapped' on anything, people are sharing their opinions... tends to happen on a public message board. :slap

And this coming from someone who thinks this HTrelease is awesome as I've already said.

I really can't believe this is happening either. Wonder how much they had to give Hasbro to sub the license.

Done bro...I'm specifically a TF G1 nutcase. Phew! Just had to get that off my chest. I just don't want anyone pooping on HT because they chose to go with the exclusive robot mode. Cause if they crap on HT parade...it's going to trickle down to my parade and possibly screw me out of some fabulous HT figures.

This is really awesome looking but the size is a bit underwhelming, I'm sure the price will be overwhelming and I'm sure it won't fit into my own budget but it's nice to see G1 getting love. It really does look great.

I really can't believe this is happening either. Wonder how much they had to give Hasbro to sub the license.

This, Star Wars, I wonder what else HT grabbed from Hasbro in their license grab?

Done bro...I'm specifically a TF G1 nutcase. Phew! Just had to get that off my chest. I just don't want anyone pooping on HT because they chose to go with the exclusive robot mode. Cause if they crap on HT parade...it's going to trickle down to my parade and possibly screw me out of some fabulous HT figures.

Nothings going to stop this. That Prime looks beautiful, and you know, people are always ready for another Optimus, regardless of what they type. :lol

Back